ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What master cylinder?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Basically i plan to remove my ABS system, and just run brakes straight from the master cylinder. My car is a Mk2Ph2 1.2 8V 02 clio, does anybody know what master cylinder i am going to have to buy?
Also, does anyone know what break line line i would have to buy, as i imagen its a certain diameter?

Will have to work out a solution for the speedo as that also comes from my ABS, hoping i can just use this on the ABS/speed sensor.. http://www.picbits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/61/products_id/212 .. Thoughts?

Any help would be fantastic!
Cheers!

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
whats your reason for removing the ABS?
its there as a safety feature.
Cant see why you would want to take it out of that model of car as the car wouldn't be useful on a track.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
The reason for removing ABS is because the engine i am putting in, will take up room, and the turbo will be hanging right where the ABS block is sitting.
ABS is Pants anyway, and you get a much better feel for the road without it.

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
ah just remembered your putting a renault 5 turbo engine in aren't you remember reading a post you made about removing ABS
agreed ABS can be a pain in the arse and driving without it does give you a better feel for the road
thought you where just removing it for the hell of removing it

how does the VSS signal from the ABS sensor transmit to the clocks? does it go through the ABS control module then along the can bus to the clocks or what ?
i dont have a manual infront of me so can't see how the amplifier would work as its not the strength of the signal thats the problem its the getting the signal to the clocks

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Spoke to Jord (F0xy), and what im going to do is just trace the rev counter signal wire, and run it straight to the ABS sensor, should work.
so dont need to use that item in the link i posted.
He also said i need the 172 Cup master cylinder, Sorted.