ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What model is my Clio?

Black 1.2 Extreme
Hi

I was just wondering if someone could tell me, or direct me to a thread where I can find out what model my 54 plate Clio Extreme is?

Cheers, Sam

Renault Clio 1.2
I was just wondering if someone could tell me, or direct me to a thread where I can find out what model my 54 plate Clio Extreme is?

First we have the Phase 1 MK2 Clio, now the DCi engine wasn't available in this shape but ive included it to save confusion by starting at Ph2...
clioc.jpg

renaultclio1998800x600w.jpg

Next we have the Phase 2 MK2 Clio, released in 2001 (on a Y Plate) this was a full facelift, new bonnet, wings, front bumper, grille, rear bumper, new rear lights (red with the white circle for reverse/indicator) and slightly different boot (different button/badge to open the boot and the 'Renault' Badge on the rear was ditched and they just had a 'Clio' Badge. The interior was revamped, different dashboard, interior pattern, dials, infact most of the car was re done appart from the main shell and running gear its self.

The following new model ranges were available:
Authentique | Expression | Privelidge | Dynamique | Initiale
and a special edition 'Extreme' Model that was bassed on the dynamique but got funky(some say horrible) seats and were slightly less spec'ed up than Dynamiques, same goes for the 'Bilabong' model:
ph2d.jpg

ph2r.jpg

Phase 3 followed in 2004 starting on a 53 Plate this was just some small revisions to bring it up to date, the front bumper was changed giving it a wide lower grille and the foglights were bulged out at the side (cars not equipped with foglights remained using the older ph2 bumper), the upper grill was changed and the headlights which previously had black backs to them now had silver, the 15" alloy wheels were changed and were now a 15" version of the 172 ones on Dynamique and Extreme models, clear side repeaters were added as was a colourcoded rear spoiler(again on dynamique spec cars).
dci100.jpg

dci100.jpg

Lastly we have the Ph4 aka Campus as renault called it. These came in 2 versions, the Campus and the Campus sport. These were sold along side the new MK3 shape clio untill the twingo arrived. There was a special edition i-Music model sold which was a Campus Sport with an MP3 player port in the glove box:
campusfront.jpg

campusrear.jpg

Hope this helps!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
The silver 5-door one in the above post is the "Initiale" model, came with half leather/alcantara, wood dash, climate, cruise control, all the toys etc. only available in 5dr and with the 1.6