ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What MPG do you get from your 172? Mines 31MPG

Hi people,

I was wondering What MPG do you get from your 172?

I have a 172 mk1. When I brought it back in Aug I am sure I was seeing approx 35mpg but the last over the last few petrol refills it seems my trip comp is telling me I am doing 31mpg.

What should it be doing. I generally drive a little in town but mostly at 50/60 on A roads.

What could cause the mpg to lower?

Thanks

Kev

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Make sure you use optimax, get about 6MPG more than any other fuel in mine

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
used to get between 36-38mpg in my mk2 172.

I was doing a 50mile round trip to work on A roads.

tyre pressure is fine, checked it the other day.

Other than lower mpg it runs a treat. Its strange as it hasn't gradually got worse, it was suddenly gone from 35/36mpg to 30/31mpg.

Any other ideas

town driving on my 172 i get 28mpg if i drive fast i get 29mpg i dont think its telling the truth though?

BMW F31
34.9 on mine, out of interest what should the tyre pressure be on my car?

there the original taurus alloys 185/14" cant remember tyre wall height

106 GTi
tyre pressure is fine, checked it the other day.

Other than lower mpg it runs a treat. Its strange as it hasn't gradually got worse, it was suddenly gone from 35/36mpg to 30/31mpg.

Any other ideas

Winter driving with your lights and heaters on all the time kills fuel economey

Motorbikes
Are any of these cars modded? I'm looking at a pahase quick with exhaust and IK and been told that with the driving i do it'll be around 22mpg? this seems a bit unrealistic to me. on an average commute to work its 18 miles on A roads and 7 miles in town. i get around 32mpg from a 1.2 with IK

liquid yellow 182
Are any of these cars modded? I'm looking at a pahase quick with exhaust and IK and been told that with the driving i do it'll be around 22mpg? this seems a bit unrealistic to me. on an average commute to work its 18 miles on A roads and 7 miles in town. i get around 32mpg from a 1.2 with IK

Mine has a Superchip and enclosed BMC ik and like i say, im getting a goood 36-38 mpg.

I dont see why the mods on the one your looking at will drastically affect the mpg like stated.