ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Netbook/Mini Laptop ?

Does anyone have any ideas which Netbook/Mini Laptop is the best for under £250 ?

Portable and small is what i'm after and maybe the possibility to do a bit of word processing and ability to play music would be good.

A big Hard Drive and Memory is a boost too (the more the better) and speakers would be good to as some of them i've seen dont :(

I have seen this Advent, but never heard of them ?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=905575&category_oid=-35074

Any ideas ?

Also i have seen these 2 below.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=302913&category_oid=-35074

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=326247&category_oid=-35074

Opinions welcome :)

I bought the Advent 4211 a few months ago - served me pretty well so far, if the battery life is a little short. Decent build quality, nice size screen & resolution, can't fault it.

I bought the Advent 4211 a few months ago - served me pretty well so far, if the battery life is a little short. Decent build quality, nice size screen & resolution, can't fault it.

Hows the sound quality and can you do a bit of word processing and listen to music/videos on it ?

Yeh, the one I bought (4211) comes with Works pre-installed - sound quality is not great, speakers are quite tinny. I've played HD video (720p) on VLC media player on mine and it plays perfectly.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Mini 9 is nice but the hdd is so small that it is a bit limiting considering the budget he has available. There are better options.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Keep an eye out on ebay for a Fujitsu P5010 or whatever they are called now.

I can get around 9hrs battery life from mine with the media bay battery fitted too. Great tool for taking on holidays.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Ive got the Advent 4211....Its great...its a rebadged MSI wind...the latest MSI bios allows 24% overclocking meaning it runs at just under 2ghz when on mains power..plus you can upgrade the memory to 2GB from play for £10 and a 300GB hard drive is about £60.... Its a great little machine, although the inbuilt speakers are cr$p...

if you're going for the Advent 4211.. make sure you get the newer 4211c

we've had bad return rates on the Asus netbooks.

Ive got the Advent 4211....Its great...its a rebadged MSI wind...the latest MSI bios allows 24% overclocking meaning it runs at just under 2ghz when on mains power..plus you can upgrade the memory to 2GB from play for £10 and a 300GB hard drive is about £60.... Its a great little machine, although the inbuilt speakers are cr$p...

if you're going for the Advent 4211.. make sure you get the newer 4211c

we've had bad return rates on the Asus netbooks.

What has been going wrong with the Asus laptops Fub ?

And where do you work ?

These Advents (4211) for being Pc Worlds own are getting fairly recommended on here.

They that good ?

And who are Msi ?

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Whatever you do don't buy a Toshiba NB100 as it FAR too small for an adult to use......

i have tiny girly hands and i found myself tripping over myself on the keyboard!

looks cool though, but for practical use its garbage!

What has been going wrong with the Asus laptops Fub ?

And where do you work ?

These Advents (4211) for being Pc Worlds own are getting fairly recommended on here.

They that good ?

And who are Msi ?

Work for PC World.

The Advents are good little netbooks... there's several in the range so just pick the one that fits your budget.

Work for PC World.

The Advents are good little netbooks... there's several in the range so just pick the one that fits your budget.

Ok, cheers bud.

I have seen some of them run Linux operating systems and some run Windows Xp.

What and the pros and cons of each system ?

And would things saved from a Linux ran Laptop be compatible with Windows Vista, Xp etc etc

And would Vista, Xp saved stuff be compatible with Linux ?

When i say stuff, by that i mean music, video and word processing files.