ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What next

My current ICE install is all Alpine, CD Headunit, 16cm components, 6*9s and 4 channel amp. I was gonna add another 2 channel am and D-Class amp to run two 8" subs and a 12" sub, again all Alpine.

But now Im thinking about suing JL stuff, having heard their subs they sound absolutly phenominol, audiophile quailty

What setup should I go for though, 2 8s and a 12? 2 12s? 3 10s?

And what amps should I use?

Cheers, Simon.

I might as well put my opinion in on this one. If you want a good sounding system using a sub then im afraid youre going to have to lose the 6x9s or box them in or move them to the rear quarter panels as the air from the sub/s will make them flap.

regarding the subs, it is not normally advised to go for 2 or 3 subs of different sizes (although our demo car has 2 different sizes). It all depends on what type of music you listen to but i think a couple of 10" subs will do the job very well for someone whos after sound quality with a decent amount of bass and lower frequency fill. You might even want to consider porting them to get a bit more low down power.

The class D amp is a good plan. They draw less power from the battery..however they do have a slight drop in sound quality over standard a/b type amplifiers. Some amps to consider would be the directed 1100d, the Pro Plus Titan or the Rockford series. A couple of JL W3 10"ers would fit in there nicely too. Try to avoid the W0s, they were good once but are showing their age now...but they are cheap!!!!

Hope this helps

Russ

Evil ICE Car Audio
www.evilice.freeservers.com

different size subs can work... as long as you split the signal so they are not trying to play the same part as each other, on these grounds alwasys best to skip a size. e.g 8" and 12" or 10" and 15" (punch and depth), lots of work setting them up, have tried this only once and it wasnt worth the hassel.

I agree with Russ 3 x 10" w3s sound awsome tight loud and deep, but beware JLs customer service!

bin the 6x9s and stick with a sealed box (personal opinion, as the clio boots are a little small otherwise)

just my pennys worth.

Luke