ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What old fast car for under 10k

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

My next car; not a doubt in my mind. ;)

What insurance group is it? What am i looking at on top of the Valver insurance; 18 under Mummys name, TPFT, paying 1100 on Clio 16v? Be 21ish when i get 1. Cheers, Mikey.

Lovely looking cars that r SO quick! :cool:

172 M69 eater

i always fancied gettin a lotus carlton but they r FWD (and not RWD like u want) but iv got a feelin not alot of ppl like em. Jus saw one on exchange n mart for £9995 - green, 80,000 miles, 3.6 litre twin turbo, black leather, 430 bhp and complete with £5 left as change for wen u need a new pair of boxers wen u sh*t urself at how fast it is!!:D

patty:cool:

Mikey16vClio

They are insurance group 18, good luck with the insurance at 21!! :eek:

patty

Hope you can afford the repair bills!

Taken from a 300ZX site

"What happened to it? It was a pile of crap thats what happened to it!

You think your Zeds are unreliable. Try a Lotus Carlton. In the two years I had it, it was on the road for about six months. Parts are unavailable and, when you can get them, they cost a bomb.

A couple of examples: The rear diff cost me £3000. The radiator cost me £1000. The coil pack cost me £2500. Front brake pads were £500 and disks were unimaginable!

Thats what happened to it! Cost me £25,000 to buy and about the same to fix it over two years. Lotus? Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious!"

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Got an insurance quote now for a group 16 car which was the same cost as my 16v with CAT 1 so im laughing mate. ;):cool:

Its still a Nissan so if its standard it must be pretty reliable. Im not shy on keepin my cars well maintained either.

williams and trophy

or if u want something stupidly fast............

get yourself a reliant fox/kitten

get 2x hyabusa engines

4wd the fukka

hey presto.....bet its near a 9-10 sec 1/4 car........pure street sleeper thats gunna get laffed at anyway .....hehe

or if its gotta be rwd jus put the 2 hyabusas side by side......1 powering each wheel

nick !!!

for the money u want to spend get steve to restore the body work and my mate will find u a engine for the beatle,

when u see his go down the track ull be amased at the power u can get out of an air colled flat 4

Id go for the 911 every time. No spoilers and extra large wheels, just pukka Porsche. Its fast, will drive your nuts off everytime you think youve got the upper hand and sounds absolutely fantastic on top of that. If I were only not living in DK.. Oh my..

-CJ

Go for one of the most overlooked cars out there, a Nissan 200sx!

Get one of the turbod ones, lots of tuning potential, great handling and they look good too (and not that many about!)

Tony

How about an old mini? Buy a sh*tter for £100, strip it down to the bare bones, replace all the rust, plonk a Hayabusa engine or similar in the back, convert to rear wheel drive - hey presto! Your own superspeed death trap! ;)

Would be fun though...

But a 2.7 ducktail 911? Evo reckons these are possible the best handling car in the world with the best feedback you could ever imagine. I think they like them! Wouldnt say no myself! :) Dread to think of the cost though.

patty - I though all the carltons were rear wheel drive? Hence them being plod cars for many years?

Willy2

The old school M3s are beasts, i posted up on the for sale forum about 3 months ago when my mate was selling his, for a N/A engine this thing was class, beat a CTR on the straights just, absoloulty killed my other mates S2, and was just sh*t of a shovel, handled ok and for a F reg he got rid of it for 7K, costly when they go wrong, but then most of us own clios so we know what that feels like!

Get a pulsar GTi-R. You could pick a mint one up for about 6 grand and they are SOOOOO quick. you always get them competing at Ten of the Best and regularly getting the best times at the Pod. Expensive to maintain but class as they are Jap! and its a turbo, right up your alley!

CTR EK9 turbo

Get a mini and shove in a 1.6 vtec engine inside it. There was one in CCC a while back and it was very fast. 160 bhp in something that doesnt weigh much, or better still put in the 1.8 vtec out of the ITR and youre laughing. I think the conversion costs something like £4000? may be wrong tho!

OR get a morris minor and put in a rover K-series, a friend down the road took us for a toast in his holbay headed twin webered flame spitting moggy a few years back and that was fun! Hes building a V8 moggy at the moment.....should be even more fun!!

His twin carbed moggy looks totally standard from the outside and its quite dangerous. It spits flames apparently, but on any ordinary car this would be ok, but the fuel filler cap is right above the exhaust, and the filer cap is known to dribble/leak under acceleration! its only a matter of time! Talk about a flamer kit!!! booooom!

You could get a Mitsi Evo IV for that money. Also an E36 M3 - plenty of weight to strip out of one of those - could be v quick. I like 968s but i dont think theyre quite in the budget. Old elise would be good, but youre into your straight line speed arent you? RX-7s, Supras all good.

Im seriously considering a WRX STi if i can just stop spending all my money on my clio.

Im pretty certain lotus carltons were RWD (good luck putting down 400bhp+ in a ton and a half of car if they werent), plus that would explain the need for a rear diff

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by SteveJJH on 29 April 2003

You could get a Mitsi Evo IV for that money. Also an E36 M3 - plenty of weight to strip out of one of those - could be v quick. I like 968s but i dont think theyre quite in the budget. Old elise would be good, but youre into your straight line speed arent you? RX-7s, Supras all good.

Nah me like stepping the ar5e end out, loadsa fun. :D