ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what petrol do i put in

clio 182
i bought a 182 last week an on tick over it feels sluggish but the needle is still is this normal or does it need the deer petrol
loads of people said its the norm but id like to find out more thanks

Ph1 172.
The dearer petrol, isn't a requirement, it will run fine of normal petrol, however you may see a increase in mpg on the more expensive stuff that outweighs the additional expense. People also reckon it runs better, but i haven't really noticed any difference in performance since switching to the more expensive stuff. Welcome to the forum btw!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Always run mine on super fuel 97-99 ron depending which services im at. Ran it on 95 a few times when ive been short it always seemed a little worse but this could be mind tricks

The cars are a bit lumpy on idle especially if cold.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm currently using V-Power to see for myself if there is actually a difference. Will be filling up with my third tank next week.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Super for me, no reason apart from the 197 really was sluggish on 95 ron- even the dealer admitted this, and same for the vee, only because previous owner always ran it on v-power- i've seen the receipts too!
Deciding factor is what you can afford and feel comfortable with- to me it makes virtually no difference- maybe £15 difference a month.

Ph1 172.
Does nobody else find the higher ron stuff sgives better mpg. I'm paying about extra per litre, but getting mpg's about 12 or 13% higher than before.

Black 182 FF
Haven't noticed any difference on whatever I run it on, didn't make any difference when I changed the plugs on 34k either - only thing that seems to make a difference on mine is the how hot/cold it is that day and what the air is like.