ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What power can be acheived?

looking to get a 172 and put it up to some sort of track spec i.e strip it cage it and make power mods. what sort of bhp can be acheived and involving what. i dont want to charege or turbo as thats boring im thinking more take it to the spec of the elf cup cars

so were to start? 421 mani, sports/decat cams lightweight fly wheel?

discuss :evil: :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
you will never really get over 200bhp without going for throttle bodies or turbo to be honest

RB 200 Cup!
cams?

edit: i see youve already mentioned those bugger ;)

completely strip it to get the weight down

Decent gains are hard to come by. Strip it, breathing mods and cams, ITBs if you want to go that far, high com pistons. On a NA engine you can touch 230bhp

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
1 hours tuition at a track will be more beneficial than stripping & modding.

Learn to drive, then add the mods & see if you gain any benefit;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
track tuition and experiance to learn to use the standard power to the full, then start looking at the rest, first thing id be doing modification wise would be stripping it to loose as much weight as possible, remember BHP per tonne is where its at!

Up rocks
track tuition and experiance to learn to use the standard power to the full

Yaaaawn.

200bhp in a semi stripped N/A Clio is plenty powerful for track/road use. Search the forums to see how 200bhp is achieved. Should get somewhere near by breathing mods, matched inlets, gas flowing and custom mapping (RS tuner maybe?) Cars not overly heavy so no need to go over board on brakes but suspension is worth looking in to.

will be a ph2 im bored of charged cars to be honest want something n/a what did the old cup cars run power wise saw a review where they were acheiving 0-60 in around 4.5 secs iirc?