ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Power Steering Pump?

Sss107

ClioSport Club Member
  Accord Type R
Hi all! So mine has gone bang and needs replacing. I messaged RPD but they don't seem to sell them anymore.

Choices are I can get-

1. A 'refurbed' one (bit of a gamble!)
2. Used one.
3.Or go non OEM.

(Don't want to go the route of EPAS)

If it's non OEM, what brand is best? There's a lot on eBay but I have the fear buying one of those.

Any recommendations would be great!

Cheers, Martyn

PH2 172
Hi all! So mine has gone bang and needs replacing. I messaged RPD but they don't seem to sell them anymore.

Choices are I can get-

1. A 'refurbed' one (bit of a gamble!)
2. Used one.
3.Or go non OEM.

(Don't want to go the route of EPAS)

If it's non OEM, what brand is best? There's a lot on eBay but I have the fear buying one of those.

Any recommendations would be great!

Cheers, Martyn

I would have thought a refurbed original pump was less of a gamble than a used one?
Did RPD give you a part number, as there is a variation regarding of how the low pressure rubber hose attaches to the pump.
If you opt for a quality non OEM, such as GKN or Shaftec, you are looking at £200+, and are probably best going to a local motor factor for face to face service & ease of correcting any problems.