ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What replacement tweeters/fronts

I want to replace my tweeters and fronts and want a direct replacement, what would you guys recommend and how much, I dont want to break the bank and i doubt id amp things (too stupid to attempt that).

Will I have to mess around with cutting wires and things or will they just plug straight in?

Thanks

Genesis A15.01 - Awesome

they will plug stright into the factory locations, but you will have to re-wire them as they come with their own crossovers

they are 13cm. you will have to strip wire and use connectors etc.

if you fit components it really is a harsh job...having just done it:)

rerunning wires and taking off dashs is always fun

Quote: Originally posted by ClioJohn on 22 May 2003

they are 13cm. you will have to strip wire and use connectors etc.

if you fit components it really is a harsh job...having just done it:)

rerunning wires and taking off dashs is always fun
Re-running wires? Cant I use the original wires?

Im real dumb when it comes to ICE as Ive just had stuff fitted for me in the past, I dont know what components are, why cross-overs are used etc.

All I know is the tweeters in the dash and the rest is in the door. Id like a good direct replacement for both (and rears later) without having to re-run wires etc.

Im happy to remove the dash as I want to fit it correctly but dont fancy buggering about with new wires etc.. Thx

Also, any good websites that have/sell them?

there is no crossover with the standard wiring

after market components must have a crossover to sound as they should thus meaning you need to run wires through your dash

stop being lazy, its so satisfying to install stuff your self and it is easy.

Ive screwed my two crossovers to my false floor, then run wire along the same side as my rcas. i then took the dash off, layed the cable to the tweaters and the other door...used plenty cable ties to prevent rattling...and 6 hours later I had a lovely sounding set of components...well worth it!

trust me, if you just "make do" you will regret it in the future!

I guess you need to split the cable to the components somehow, this is what the crossover does right (aswell as splitting the frequencies)?

the crossover takes in a full range signal, then splits it to send the high freqs to the tweeters and the mids to the mid woofer