ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What seat for mainly road/track day use..

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
hi all,

Im looking for inspiration as to what to run as a drivers seat in the 182. Not bothered if it needs modifying to fit mount wise, would happily consider something from another car even, Evo etc, anyone got any ideas as to what looks semi-OE whilst being comfy and supportive?

When you say mainly road/trackday use... As opposed to what? I can't think of anywhere else I'd sit in my car seats lol.

Do you need recline function? Budget?

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Suppose i should rephrase.. Mainly daily driver duties, so comfy, odd trackday so supportive. Not full on bucket with high sides etc.. ;)

Recline not important, budget is cheap :p more looking for something that doesnt look out of place tbh..

Usual suspects then :D

Reclining on a cheap budget I would go for accord type R trendlines or recaros from an evo vi (the latter offering more bolster support).

Fixed but cheap and comfortable is harder to come by, Bimarco futura get a good rep on here but have quite high sides, avoid cobra monaco's like the plague, I had a numb ass after 5 mins sat in one lol.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Recaro furious/pole position would be my choice. Yes it's a fixed bucket seat, but they offer so much comfort for a bucket it's ridiculous! They're not all that high on the sides either so still ideal for daily driver duties.

I have some in my car and the even on a journey to the nurburgring they didn't become uncomfortable at all. Downside to them is they're not cheap (about £350-£400 per seat)

172/1.2/E30
Recaro furious/pole position would be my choice. Yes it's a fixed bucket seat, but they offer so much comfort for a bucket it's ridiculous! They're not all that high on the sides either so still ideal for daily driver duties.

I have some in my car and the even on a journey to the nurburgring they didn't become uncomfortable at all. Downside to them is they're not cheap (about £350-£400 per seat)

+1