ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What shall I do about my Super Ts

GR7

Shiny red R32

My 16" OZ Super Ts have been on order for nearly a month now, and on Friday I was told that they would be another month! Well this morning I had a message to say that there are none in the UK and that OZ only ship them over when they have orders for 400 sets and that probably wont be for another three months!!!!

I can get some 17" Super Ts fitted on Saturday, if I decide that they arent too big for my car. Otherwise I will have to choose some different wheels.

Unless you all order the same ones to make up the 400 sets!

WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE????

Hi GR

Sorry to here about your Super Ts what about Superlegerra they would look good but if you can get 17 in Super Ts that would look even better also wasnt some selling some 16 Super Ts £550 i dont if they still got them maybe worth a look

speak to u soon

richard and paula

Sorry to hear about you wheels delay!
Having just put 17s on my car i found that you really need not worry about any adverse side effects - so i recommend you do the same!
But the choice is all yours! ...You know the 17s would look awesome tho!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Thanks for your replies Richard and Paula and G13NN X. Are yours OZ Super Ts?

Short_1uk as selling some practically brand new super-ts, although they might be gone by now.
E-mail her at short_1uk@yahoo.co.uk and find out. Shes looking at £550 for the set.

GR7

Shiny red R32

The brand new ones from Demon Tweeks with Toyo Proxes, were going to cost me £640 including delivery, and then when I contacted a local wheel/tyre place where I bought new wheels for my last car, they would have let me have them for £600 with the Toyos and fitted with locking nuts and steel caps.

They are getting four 17" Super Ts from stock in another of their shops, for me to try on Saturday for £770, which is what Halfords quoted me for 16" ones with inferior tyres! Dont get any wheels from them, they are expensive.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why will it need lowering? Wont a slightly larger diameter wheel fit the arch better?

gr

get the 17 you wont regret it
yes the wheels will fill the upper arch better but it will also increase the ride height by about half an inch
. lowering if your choice though but it will look much better lowered

wongy

GR7

Shiny red R32

Agree with you Wongy about lowering, and I can get my friendly modding mad mechanics to do it for me, as they did everything to my (sadly missed) S16 Pug.

I am going for the look rather than the weight! I think that the finer looking Super Leggeras look better on lighter coloured cars and the chunkier Super Ts look better on the black!

A couple of weeks ago I posted pics of my friends bright yellow 106 GTi with Super Ls and they looked OK on the lighter colour, but appear one size smaller than their actual size.

Lionel Richie

get 17s, i promise you wont regret it!!!! Jamies MK2 172 looked brilliant on 17inch SuperTs (not lowered, and it didnt look like a rollerskate) Blokes would be far more impressed if youre cruising about on 17s rather than the "half-hearted" 16s (i dont think your other half would like it though!!!!! His beemer wont look as good!!!!)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Thanks for your comments Fred. Hubbys car has even bigger wheels than that! His has got 18" multi-spokes and being a much bigger car than mine and a gorgeous metallic blue, his looks great. Prefer mine though, I can get into smaller parking spaces! But the Clio feels so flimsy compared to the strength and power of the Beemer. It is nice to have the choice and as he is down south this week I have the two cars to myself! Think I will take the cute Clio today.

Go for 17"!! ...i just threw my new set of MM Evo 17"s on my Pearl Black mk1 172 and i am soooo pleased!!

about lowering, im considering it, but at the moment im not too concerned about the slight increase in ride height, im constantly checking and marvelling about the nice fill under the arches my 17"s produced!!!

...choosing style of wheels can be a pain...

Silver Fabia vRS

GR - Go for 17" with a 30mm drop, no rubbing, handling will be better (less body roll and lower centre of gravity) and will, of course, look the dogs! To quote from your message above - gorgeous metallic blue - yup, thats why I went for it

GR7

Shiny red R32

I know what you mean Geoff, as my last car was a gorgeous metallic blue, lowered, Scorpion exhaust, TSW Evo Rs etc etc. Had I not just had a blue car, Id have gone for the blue 172. We still have a lovely blue car. This afternoon I have been good and polished the two of them!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Are you the Geoff in the gallery? If so, your car is lovely, definitely better than the red and the so common silver.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Black172: Can you please show a picture of your car with the 17s, or is it already in the gallery?

Silver Fabia vRS

GR - Yup Im the Geoff in the gallery and who does all of the gallery website stuff. Im preparing the Rolling Road report at the moment too! I nearly went for Red but I had 2 Red cars before and fancied a change.

...nope, no pics in the gallery, yet!

...was shooting my car this weekend after i put on the 17" and had it washed, but to my dismay the #%¤%" camera didnt work...

Eeeh! yeaah... well, that was what I thought when I bought my Canon Ixus V... maybe I just need to take a course in "how-to-take-beautiful-pictures-of-your-extremly-nice-Renault-Clio-Sport-with-brand-new-17"-MMEvos-with-a-digital-for-dummies-camera"...

...maybe I should read the instructions *mumbling*

What do you think of the IXUS V? I was thinking of getting one. If you dont mind saying how much did you get it for and where from?
Thanks, T

Its not the camera that is failing! Im quite pleased with it actually! ...well, I bought it from a guy working at Canon (so the price isnt fair really, paid 200quid, got a 156mb flash and all the cables etc).

anyway, attended a Clio Sport meeting this weekend... for pics go to:

http://www.clubrenaultsverige.com/meetings02_angso.asp

mine is the black one on the left!! ...and yes, it is parked next to a Clio V6!! (want one!!!)...

never mind the swedish, enjoy the pics!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Black172, thanks for that, I enjoyed the pictures, I love the wheels on the V6, they would look good on your black car. There were a lot of red 172s (a bit common!!) Your black looked much nicer.

Thanx!! ...yeah, i was a bit surprised when i showed up and basically all cars were red!!! anyway, i like my black one, eventhough it is a pain to keep it somewhat clean!! mmmhmm, the v6 is really something else, the sound when he opens up the throttle is amazing!!