ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Shampoo and Polish shall I use?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It is very nice weather today :cool:

I wanna clean my car... nice and shiny!!

I need your advice please.. I wanted to wash my car, polish it, and and polish inside...

1. AG shampoo
2. AG super resin polish
3. AG glass clean.

What is 'Meg's Clay' and 'P21 wax'? I don't understand.

Do I neeed AG extra gloss protection? What that for?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ooh, a new student for Rich to corrupt! He'll be along shortly!

There is a cleaning guide somewhere, but generally you want to:

Wash with decent car shampoo, using a 2 bucket method (so you rinse off in between) and using a wash mitt as opposed to sponge.

Clay the car, which you have to use with a detail spray, or just more shampoo. You run the clay over the WET car (so it doesn't stick) with a moderate pressure, and this removes a lot of tar / bugs that washing doesn't remove.

Then you want to polish if it hasn't been done for a while, super resin is good stuff.

Then you want a wax it, autoglym extra gloss is particularly recommended on here I think, but different people use different things.

P21s is another wax, very high Carnuba wax which gives a deep gloss look, and should be used last.

Rich or brazo will confirm / correct me shortly no doubt!

Thanks for information ;) Very helpful! Cheers.

When you said " Clay the car" - Do you mean need to use a spray to use Clay the car? If so which spray?

Sorry, I am new with this ;)

Using polishing using AG super resin to polish.... then clean it off.. then use AG extra gloss protection then clean it? lol

Or use both at the same time then clean it off?

BMW E46 330i Touring
With regards to clay, I tend to wash the car once, and then fill up a fresh bucket with shampoo / water and effectively do the same, except rubbing the clay on each section that I wash at a time, so the paint is really slick and the clay won't stick.

Then rinse it all off, dry with a drying towel, and get polishing / waxing! :)

You want to use the super resin and then take it back off again, and then use the extra gloss afterwards, and then take that back off again.

If you want to do it all today, don't worry too much about the P21s, it'll be much easier to wash and wax again in a week or so's time once you go to all the effort today. :)

Titanium 182 full fa
I would us Sonax gloss shampoo from a vauxhall dealer, loads better than all the others imo...

super resin is a good polish, followed by a few coats of extra gloss protection which will really make it shine..
Then after you next wash it next time apply a good wax (P21s) is great, or optimum car wax which is a spray wax.

106 GTi
Another vote for the Chemical Guys shampoo my current choice as well.

The extra gloss protection plays two roles, gives decent durability and protection 60-90 days is possible as well as adding a nice deep wet look to the paint. Multiple layers 2-3 really work well.

Topped with natural carnuba wax such a P21s will give a nice warm look to the paint.

RB 182
Sonax is what Rich uses, personally I'm with Alan on this one but I've not tried the Sonax yet.

You'll need to dry off with a waffle weave.

On Polished Bliss there are guides to doing various cleaning bits, here is the one for washing.