ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to use to clean bonnet stripes?

Mini Cooper S sport
Any ideas on what's the best thing to use when cleaning the bonnet stripes on the Mini? They're black vinyl, and on my old car I could never get the streaks off them.

I've not washed the new car yet but I've used a bit of QD to get some bird poo off and one of the bonnet stripes is streaky already!

They don't need to be shiny, just unmarked.

De-ionised water? Glass cleaner? Not even Mini forums I've Googled seem to really know.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It will have streaked because the QD would just be spreading the dirt around.

Once the car is washed and dried, just go over it again with the QD (applied to the towel not the vinyl) and buff with a second dry microfibre if you get any hazing.

As Daniel says, don't do it in the baking heat. You don't want it flashing off instantly because it's too hot.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Any ideas on what's the best thing to use when cleaning the bonnet stripes on the Mini? They're black vinyl, and on my old car I could never get the streaks off them.

I've not washed the new car yet but I've used a bit of QD to get some bird poo off and one of the bonnet stripes is streaky already!

They don't need to be shiny, just unmarked.

De-ionised water? Glass cleaner? Not even Mini forums I've Googled seem to really know.

Sell it and get a pauper spec shittygo they don't have stripes (oh wait!) You could add some🤔

Mini Cooper S sport
Sell it and get a pauper spec shittygo they don't have stripes (oh wait!) You could add some🤔

If I can't get the stripes to not streak I will do just that.

Have you tried any of the vinyl specific cleaners or detail sprays? Noticed Chemical guys make some specific products for wrapped vehicles. Maybe worth a try?

That's the thing, the array of cleaning products is bewildering!

Autoglym super resin polish. And don’t take it to the local scratch and shine because the chemicals they use discolor them.
Also, never wash them when they’re hot.

Today’s stripe care was brought to you by ‘Daniel’.

Thanks Danielsan xxx

It will have streaked because the QD would just be spreading the dirt around.

Once the car is washed and dried, just go over it again with the QD (applied to the towel not the vinyl) and buff with a second dry microfibre if you get any hazing.

As Daniel says, don't do it in the baking heat. You don't want it flashing off instantly because it's too hot.

OK,I will try that first, thank you x

Bonnet stripe needs grooming.

*snigger

Shush you!!! 🤣