ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should max coolant and air intake temperature be on 182 ?

Renault Clio RS 182
Interested to find out what the upper limit of the coolant and air intake temperatures should be on a Clio 182. I'm trying to home in on a problem with mine and just noticed that they were registering values of 99C for the coolant temperature and 66C for the air intake temperature after the car had been idling for quite a while. Is this normal ? If not, what could possibly cause this ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Never really checked mine.

The cooling fan should come on around the 98-100°c mark.

The intake temp will be heat soak so I wouldn't worry about that.

clio 172 ph2
I think its those temps are fine when idling for some time, mine does the same. The fan should kick in at about 98c.
Coolant temp should drop again to 90-91 when you start driving.

Renault Clio RS 182
Thanks for this guys... I'm trying to diagnose another problem and just wanted to 'eliminate these two from my inquiries'

Renault Clio RS 182
What's the problem?

Well in essence, something is killing O2 sensors in my car. I opened another thread on it here. I suspect it may be a fuel injector but don't have unequivocal evidence of that. I'm trying to eliminate other things in the meantime. I noticed these figures here - which I felt weren't all that abnormal - but you never know.

In the last few days, the check engine light started flashing - normally when the car has been left to idle a little while after a 30 minute or so urban drive. It then goes out. I managed to capture the fault code it generated P0301 - a misfire on cylinder 1. I changed the plug from cylinder 1 to cylinder 4 and the same code returned. It doesn't rule out a problem with a HT lead [I couldn't swap those because the others were too short], nor the coil pack obviously. Over the weekend, I took the fuel rail off, cleaned it with compressed air and swapped injector 1 with injector 4... and to my chagrin I'm getting no error codes at all now. Annoying when you're praying for an error code to show [i.e. hopefully having moved with the injector], it doesn't (!)

Looking around online, most of the time the flashing spanner is associated with an injector problem. My injectors sound OK [they all click the same]. I can't test the resistance unfortunately as my meter is caputzio !

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Flashing eml is usually a failing injector. Stick a new set in, makes a fair difference to running