ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what should my tyre pressure be

wasnt a bad guess i didnt think

bearing in mind i have a diddy 1.2 not one of these big engined babys

Have a play with them, I know that from playing around I normally run 34/32 (front/rear), on track I take the up to 36/34 maybe a bit more, makes it feel better but more snappy on the limits.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, jus play around with what suits your drivin

i run 36/34.......

also your wheel size/tyres dont really matter as its a measure of pressure and not amount of air........

the only factors that come into play really are car weight, how much side wall you have !......an how you like it basically

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I have 35 in every corner.

Any 1 know what are the perfect tyre pressures to run the 1/4 mile in or does it not make a difference?

I am also on 17inch wheels (205-40-17), lowered 60mm an I run only 32 all round.

This is because its what the preasure was when my wheels arrived!

I thought that over inflating the tyres would cause unnatural wear ie wearing more on the centre of the tyre? is this not right?

would i be ok going up to say 34 in the front?

Skoda Fabia vRS

it was around 32..........iirc.......but play around with what suits you, you shouldnt get abnormal wear even goin to 36, maybe even higher......i didnt on my last set of tyres

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

35 all round gives u better steering response and a firmer drive which is why i have that but 32psi is recommened i think. Dont worry about wearing the centre of the trye more, very slightly if at all IMO.

I used to run 32 all round.. I then made it 34 all round and I much prefer it myself.

I dont bother about tyre wear.. roundabouts do that for me.. hehe.

Daz.

would that be the same for 195 45 16s am running them at 30 psi at the moment. want to maybe try 34psi but dont want them to blow up while im on the motor way

any help appreciated

Skoda Fabia vRS

its the same for any wheel mate..........its a measurement of pressure......not amount of air !

you will definitely notice a difference if you have been runnin 30 !

FAO Sleepy

Ive got a set of Uniroyal wet sport tyres with exactly the same profile as yours (195/45/16) and Im running around on them at 32psi (2.2 bars). As mentioned somewhere above, I decided to keep them at that seeing as they arrived already at that pressure. Best not to mess too much IMO.

Used to run the Exs at 32front/31rear or 31front/30rear, I cant remember. Any softer than that and the steering felt a bit urgh.

And yes, that *is* a technical term... ;)

Is it a bit like suspension? If you drop the pressure, does it give you more grip but not as good handling? Can you have the fronts less than the backs to induce oversteer?