ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sidelight bulbs do you hav?

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got some Phillips Blue Vision as they came free with the silver visions. They aren't so obvious in the Trophy, but were against the xenons of the 172/182.

frontb4.jpg

frontafter.jpg

Does the clio have a "bulb-out" warning light? As my punto does, and when I fitted LED sidelights, it threw on the light, as LEDs only draw low current, it presumed a bulb had blown.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lee said:
I've got some Phillips Blue Vision as they came free with the silver visions. They aren't so obvious in the Trophy, but were against the xenons of the 172/182.

frontb4.jpg

frontafter.jpg

I like the look of them...Howz the xenon's on the trophy lee??! ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
haha, the lights on the Trophy light up more of the road than the xenons did on either of my last two, the only difference is they ain't so pretty and are more orange. lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
So basically the xenon's are beta then LOL! Pretty is the key...you should know! Yeh i know what u mean with the lights tho. I get a fright sometimes coz the range is a bit...hummm short.

I don't think the 9 LED bulbs in the first post will fit? They're too wide for the holes on my valver, I know that much, as the holes are only a bit bigger than the bulb holders, which are in turn only a bit bigger than the bulb bases...

I got some 6 LED ones from UltraLEDs but they fail after about 4 months due to the heat from the other bulbs. I think I'd be tempted to go for decent 'normal' bulbs next time. (says the man who's just order some £2 cheapy LED ones off ebay LoL)

DC5
I've got the Philips Blue Vision W5W's that come free from powerbulbs as well. They make a bit of difference, but again I haven't got xenons to compare against.

I have got another unopened set if you are interested. As I am a nice guy I will send them for free. Just pm me. (Assuming I can find them)

I agree about the headlamps being superb on the Trophy/Cup. I've never understood the constant ramblings about Xenons on here, since I cant imagine my Cup lamps could be any better on dipped beam without blinding drivers/badgers (arent badgers already blind though?)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I had them on my 1.2...24.99 or something crazy! Good but like Lee said i'm still scottish.

Skoda Fabia vRS
PIAA's........the dogs, better than ANYTHING on the market, not LED ones, normal bulbs but better

182 Full Fat
I think the problem also is with fitting these sidelight bulbs with the lack of space under the 182's bonnet, esp Full Fat ones.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
^ fitting is a piece of pi**, just large diameter LEDs wont fit.

LEDs will fail due to heat, real shame as look by far the best and no bulb out warnings on clio either.

Philips ones in now, not as nice but work for more than a couple weeks!

Yeah, I'm using the Philips blue vision ones that I got free when I bought Silver visions too - big difference IMO, matches in much better than standard side lights. Had 'em in for almost 18 months now without a problem.

And fitting wasn't too bad - passenger side a piece of p*ss, but the driver's side is quite tricky if you've got big hands. But I'm happy to say I have ;)

Paul J said:
^ fitting is a piece of pi**, just large diameter LEDs wont fit.

LEDs will fail due to heat, real shame as look by far the best and no bulb out warnings on clio either.

Philips ones in now, not as nice but work for more than a couple weeks!

well my piaa led bulbs lasted over 2 years and about 30k

have anyof you with xenons actually ever had them adjusted to actually light the road propperly ??? alot seem to be very far from what theyshould be giving out

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
What car Mcbunny? UltraLEDs will admit they will fail on clio's due to the fact main beam is so close to the sidelight it kills them.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
cli0 172 said:
Ask Al whats in mine ,i canny remember but they look the mutts nuts next to xenons

Al sent me a link ages ago for them but never got round to getting them.. i'll have a look for the link !

I had the piaa LED side lights fitted in my 182, the fit in the bulb holder is a little loose and one on the buggers fell out, it must be inside the headlight unit somewhere, but I can see it !, anyway changed them back to normal.
But it did look much better with them in

CB_182 said:
I had the piaa LED side lights fitted in my 182, the fit in the bulb holder is a little loose and one on the buggers fell out, it must be inside the headlight unit somewhere, but I can see it !, anyway changed them back to normal.
But it did look much better with them in

tbh thats more likely to be dodgy renault build quality lol

BMW M3
I would have to disagree with fitting of side light bulbs in full fat 182 as being a peice of p*ss.

Changed mine today to the philips ones and it was fecking hard!!!

I dont have big hands but was struggling to pull the bulb out and ended up resorting to pliers.... passenger side was ok but the drivers side a different matter... no room at all!!

Bug*er changing them again...... end result: Stressed, scratched and Pis*ing wet.........but with whiter side lights.. yay!!!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
took me literally two mins to take them out...I've got smallish hands tho... "Makes ur c**k look bigger!" :) :) ha