ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What size alloys for my Clio?

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
Hi all,

I've got a 2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme. Lowered by 30mm with side skirts on.

My question to you all is this.

What size alloys should I put on?

I currently have 17's with 205/40/17 wheels. They are shagged now and I want to put another set on before I sell her on for my new Megane.

Not sure what size to put on? dont really want to go back to 17's though as the ride was too harsh. I had 15's on when I bought it new four and a half years ago. So I might go back to them. Only problem I'm thinking is coz I have had it lowered the 15's will be smaller to the ground and cause me trouble with the side skirts on. So I thought about 16's.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Hooky

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
standard 15s will make it worth more when it comes to selling if your selling it for your megane any time soon.

i dont have side skirts but im on 15s lowered 60mm and my mates is on 15s lowered about 75mm and its fine

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
go for the standard 15" then you can boast about how cheap the tyres are, so the tyre kickers won't moan

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
go for the standard 15" then you can boast about how cheap the tyres are, so the tyre kickers won't moan

thats bloody true :) my 17's have cost me tons over the last three years!

Right just try and find a standard set of 15's in perfect condition.

mmm that might be hard. What about buying a set of 15's non Ren? what do you think?

Although I did like the old 15's am I right in thinking they were 185/55/15 ?

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
20" CHROME GIOVANNIS

lets be serious! 20inch rims! would they even go on? Not without a lot of work and then it would look like a tractor!

Na 15's me think is the best way to go just got to find a set in good condition.

Although I might just buy a set of wheels from a place near where I live.

They are SSW wheels from a place in Leighton Buzzard that are selling on Ebay called Trax wheels. what do you reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SSW-15-TREX-A...888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250042682609