ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what size alloys

renault clio 1.6 rxe
I'm really confused as to what size alloys to get. My old man is buying me a set of alloys for xmas ive chosen black cos i want my clio to stand out and not look like other clios.

I've got a mk2 clio but what are the best size alloys to get i thought it would be out of 15" and 16".

plz help! thanks.

heres ma car to help you decide:

n506033231_608663_2927.jpg

LY R26 230 F1 Team
yeah 15 or 16 doesnt matter a great deal upto you really

16's look better IMO
what wheels you going for?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
16s will look good and will keep handling good, 15s I think might provide better handling but might look a bit small.

Make sure you get the correct tyre size to match the overall circumference of the original tyre. This is good help http://www.alloywheels.com/tyrecalc.asp

Also, it'd prob look a bit high if you switch to 16s and dont lower the car.

renault clio 1.6 rxe
well im a student and i've onli just got around to start doing it up but funds are tight lol so i cant afford pricey stuff my dads giving me £500 total for the tint and alloys so any suggestions?

how would i go about lowering the car aswell and how would i know how much to lower it?
ill take a look at your responses as soon as i can cheers guys.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
16 inch wheels, 60mm lowering springs and some bumper gel and you've got a smart looking car!!

(i hate tinted windows on pale coloured cars)

vers le haut doigt milieu
26inch spinners! na, even tho I love 17"s on a ph1 I reccon 16"s are perfect.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
forget the tints for the time being.
spend the £500 on nice alloys and decent tyres.
buy second hand and recondition them?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
spend the money for tints on lowering springs.

better for people to see into a good wheel-arch-gapped car than a blacked out clio 4x4.

I think daniel is right with 60mm lower, not 100% sure how your shocks will last, think some haven't had probs but some have. 40mm will be fine on your shocks, should look ok too. use the search function and clio media for pics of cars lowered 40mm and 60mm to help you choose, plenty of info on here.

fabia vrs
Are you buying that car from route 16 ??? Also the alloy's you chose on ebay will look ting on your car with-out lowering !! Ive got a nice set of 16's you could get refurbed in black and there light weight 2 !! ;)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
You guys need to remember to, people like me who are young and have just started driving, oh and are students like boyze121, just cant afford to slam our cars and change springs ect...apart from the cost, the insurance would rape us. Im looking at getting some wheels, not sure what though.

fabia vrs
You guys need to remember to, people like me who are young and have just started driving, oh and are students like boyze121, just cant afford to slam our cars and change springs ect...apart from the cost, the insurance would rape us. Im looking at getting some wheels, not sure what though.

Best thing to do then is re-furb the rim's and spend the other half of the money on lowering spring's ?? There is a few people with them rim's in gloss black and think they do not look to bad ;)

renault clio 1.6 rxe
i bought the car a while back i just aint took n e pictures of it since seeing as this shows it lol i reckon ill just get them rims and lower it by the 40mm like suggested then ill update with new pics thanks for the advice guys :D

ne suggestions on where i can get the spings??