ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what size wheels

i have just purchased a blue clio 182 and want to gat some nice five spoke alloys. just want to know what size people think is best and if they have any ideas of alloys for it? many thanks.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Stay with 16's. 17's ruin the handling, been there.

Some even go for 15's, but can't comment from experience.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
15s if you want them purely for handling abilities. 17s for looks. 16s for a good compromise imho.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The consensus seems to be that the size that's best is the size that comes standard on the car. So if you're going to buy another set the only benefit you're going to get is any perceived improvement in appearance and style.

RenaultSport 197
I still don't understand why people think 17's ruin handling. My handling is good on 17's. :S

But if I could go back now and choose some wheels I would of gone with lightweight 16's.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
I still don't understand why people think 17's ruin handling. My handling is good on 17's. :S

But if I could go back now and choose some wheels I would of gone with lightweight 16's.

^ ^ Ditto, I ragged it cross county last night and the "grip" is superb, but it did bounce a lot (nearly lost it once) on really really uneven subsided road on a bend

I love 17's, but 16" Trophy or 172 cup stylee are best l reckon

Mustang, S13, AX GT
17s are good for handling imo but on my Suzuki you can feel difference in acceleration between them and the 15s. on the 1.2 clio I felt no difference at all and was very happy with 17s