ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sort of Gamer are you?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
By that, I mean how highly do you rate yourself as a gameplayer?

I usually play games on Normal difficulty, and I don't think there's many games I've played that I think I would be able to conquer anyone in the world at. My mate, on the other hand, seems to play games on the hardest settings straight from the off, because he's that used to the challenges. He's ranked very highly on XBLive and I've seen him wipe the floor with many challengers on a whole host of games.

I know there's quite a few on here who consider themselves to be decent gamers who'll test themselves to the max from the get go. They'll always go for the 100% completion figure, and search out the hidden items and/or XP points even though the game has been finished with. Whether that be in racing games, platformers, shoot 'em ups or even strategy and sports, how good of a games player do you think you are?

Like I said, I'm pretty much Average Joe. I love games and have finished my fair share of them, but as far as sticking with them until they are 100% done, I think I get bored too easily and feel the need to move on and take on a different challenge. But my main point is comparing your ability to that of others. How do you think you rate?

Like you scutch. When young i used to be pretty dam good tbh. I was very highly ranked on racing games and also C&C etc. But gave up gaming for other hobbys. No i just play for fun, something to do. couldnt care less if i'm any good or complete a game, tis all about fun.

I'm probably mediocre. But when you play a game a lot you get better. So if i played lots, i'd be good. Practice and all.

I'm average now, I used to be rediculously good at Unreal Tournament and came third in a UK comp once, but I don't play that much now.

My brother on the other hand is mental at COD4, like most has off days but normally wins every game he plays, I can sit and watch him for hours on it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not into finishing games 100%.

I can pick up most games and be good at them tho.
Games like virtua tennis I just picked up and was really good.
Ufc picked up quickly, killzone 2 completed, usually depends if it keeps me interested but no I don't go looking for pigeons in gta ect...!

Pro evo has taken me years of practice to get to where I am now!

Gally, you on ps3 i take it, tis a shame could have gone on xbox live and had a game of evo :)

Titanium 182
I was "Elite" in world of warcraft lol.

Average to crap at console games, apart from Zelda - but you can't really be good at that its more solving puzzles than skill.

Altough I do games like devil may cry 4 on the hardest mode for the challenge, I'm average at FPS tbh.

Average at best. I get frustrated at racing games! lol.. Which causes the controller to bounce. Completed COD4 on normal setting, wouldn't have a chance higher up and get pwned by 7 year olds on live.

I kick arse at footy games tho, well I used to! Don't seem to have the time to play anymore! lol..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I was awesome at Championship Manager series, and PES all the way up to the newer versions, certainly against mates who were also pretty good. Games like Command and Conquer I had worked out, too, thinking about my moves and where I could attack etc.

But as for Call of Duty and the online multiplayer games, my mates would destroy me on it. I've watched them playing online and it's an eye opener at times, just how good they are and how they know their next moves. So quick at completing objectives and stuff.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally, you on ps3 i take it, tis a shame could have gone on xbox live and had a game of evo :)
Yeah ps3 i'm just securing my xbox 360 the now to play forza and maybe some pgr4!

E87 118d M Sport
I used to be pretty good at cs.
got very good at cod4 and 5. havent reali dedicated as much time to a game since then.
I play for enjoyment now, and if it is a game that is interesting or fun, i will go for the 100%. The only exception to this rule, was cod5. I went for the platinum as i enjoyed the game soooo much and loved the challenges. will be doing this with modern wafare 2 i imagine as it is just my kinda game.

got mega hooked on killing floor (steam) a few months back and spent HOURS on it! but havent picked that up for months now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cod4 is a good example I didn't do all the gun challenges just a few as it would have taken the enjoymnet out the game running around with a pistol!

Cod4 is another game where the more you play the better you will get, could be said for a lot of games but put in the hours on cod4 and you'll be good.

Everyone will rinse the new cod!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm average these days as I don't play games often at all now, Batman is the first game in a long time that's held my attention.

When I was younger I was a better gamer than I am now.

Sadly I dont get a lot of time to play on either the xbox or wii, but when I do its either Football, Tennis, Racing or War!!

Best at Football and with games like COD4 its a mixed bag... sometimes I run round like a gun happy loon getting sniped and blown up lots, other times I play a proper game and win!

But I am mainly an online player, Fifa online, COD online, Grand Slam Tennis online. There is just something about playing real people that makes the whole gaming experience better!

Fiesta ST-2
I'd consider myself above average in terms of skill? I think the younger you get into games the better you are. COD4 is the first online FPS I've played and I've got a good KD Ratio and play at a decent sensitivity.

Edit* Resistance was the first and I was pretty good at that too.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I reckon im pretty average on shooters & driving games etc.
Not so good on Guitar hero type stuff though.
Having said that my gamer score is nearly 38,000

I had alot more time when I was younger so my standards have dropped in recent years.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly I dont get a lot of time to play on either the xbox or wii, but when I do its either Football, Tennis, Racing or War!!

Best at Football and with games like COD4 its a mixed bag... sometimes I run round like a gun happy loon getting sniped and blown up lots, other times I play a proper game and win!

But I am mainly an online player, Fifa online, COD online, Grand Slam Tennis online. There is just something about playing real people that makes the whole gaming experience better!
Most definitely! The same with playing with a bunch of mates adds to the experience!

MW2 CS night soon I think!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I reckon im pretty average on shooters & driving games etc.
Not so good on Guitar hero type stuff though.
Having said that my gamer score is nearly 38,000

I had alot more time when I was younger to my standards have dropped in recent years.

That is fairly impressive, I'm still nearer 5k!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I only ever play multiplyer really and im half decent at FPS games as thats what I normally play.

Fiesta ST-2
yeah, but i wont play this until completing the campaign.
wanna see the storyline before playing on random maps.

guna complete this on veteran too!

I'll probably be the opposite lol straight onto the online!
Didn't complete the campaign untill 6 months after owning COD4 :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols think I did that with Cod4 straight into online although the single player was alright!

They could bring it out online only and it would still sell millions!

Fiesta ST-2
Lols think I did that with Cod4 straight into online although the single player was alright!

They could bring it out online only and it would still sell millions!

The single player was awesome too but online had me hooked I'd probably still pay full price if it was a pure online game tbh

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Me too and a lot more people. I'm looking forward to getting gmaes with people I know! So much banter to be had!

My brother is mental at GH. Can play on the hardest of settings at full speed 100%, is best in the uk on some songs. Mental. He's also immense at wrestling games. But never plays shoot em ups really. He is defiantly a serious gamer.

Fairly average, can hold a 1:1 K/D ratio on most FPS

Unfortunatly my age (30(ish):eek: slows my recations and if I'm 'one on one' with an american 12 year old they will always get the better of me unless I sneak up and take them from behind! Yes I know that sounds gross;)!!!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Expert on the GH/RB games now :p

Everything else I mostly play on the default difficulties.. games are supposed to be fun, above all else

F82 M4
On console games I always start on the normal difficulty. On PC games I always play the hardest difficulty. I remember the day I bought Half Life 1 and straight away starting on Hard. Always have done since, hence why I was so f**king good at Counter Strike.

The only game I'm struggling with is playing Brutal Enemies on Red Alert 3. It's way too f**king hard on the PC. I could piss 4/5 Brutal AI's on Red Alert 2!!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i'd rather play a game on normal, and finish it, than play on hard, and get stuck/bored and not get to see the whole game.

I'm pretty average tbh

Audi TTS S Tronic
Prefer FPS online PC games

Especially the whole Call of Duty series

Usually find myself at the top of the board at the end of every game :)

F82 M4
Tell a lie though, the only console games that I play on the hardest difficulty possible is all the Resident Evil series. In fact, I'm gonna go home tonight and boot up Resident Evil on the gamecube!! Good times

I'm rubbish and only play games like Forza, ,PGR, NFS, and GTA. I only have 5 games on my 360, and one is viva pinata.

Never completed a game. I'm crap, but am happy as it amuses me for an hour or so.

Edit: Infact, when I used my xbox live trial I went on Forza online, and raced against other people, and they kept crying at me cus I didn't use brakes just went into the back of them, and never stuck to the racing line (how the f**k am I meant to know where that is I'm not Alonso.) so I gave up, after ramming them off the track obviously.

Not a 320d
Im prolly a Noob/Easy mode player these days, dont have the time or the desire to play many games these days, and the ones i do play - i play for about 10 mins and then get bored. I recently started playing Americas Army 3 and thats been ood but these are a lot of people who hack on it. Dont enjoy playing multiplayer online games with cheaters. Used to love COD4 and was very good at it as well as Cs source, but gave up because women are more fun.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely average for me - and I think m4rkie on post 12 summed it up best - playing for enjoyment.

Any new game, I just start off on Normal or Average difficulty as I think this is the kind of skill level that the game developers wanted you to play it at. It's usually a nice balance between being relatively easy, and at times, quite difficult too. It also highlights utter lameness with developers on the Hardest or Extreme settings. Making the game more difficult overall, be it on level changes, fewer ammo boxes, less damage resistance, etc is one thing. Simply quadrupling the number of hit points that an enemy has is a cop-out, imo. Several headshots and they are still alive? Hmmmm, ok!

I love getting absorbed in a game - picking up on the atmosphere of it and trying to maximise your experience in it. For me, Oblivion was great as I picked a character that was at complete odds with what I'd normally pick - and enjoyed it more for that reason. I appreciate good manuals with games as well, but I think they are now dying out on a cost basis and would rather shove an Adobe Acrobat file on the DVD. :(

I tend to prefer single-player games for the most part, but I do like the occasional online blat. Online just infuriates me with the randomness of it - like internet lag, server issues, hacks, dodgy players and unfair in-built game glitches that the army of 6-year-olds/Americans seem to find funny. Even from my own side, I just think its crap when I know my own shot couldn't have possibly killed the opposition, but the game thinks I did? That ruins it for me.

Ultimately, LANs are where it's at. Where we're all on sub <4ms response, and have all just installed the same game and patch. I've been well and truly pwned by some seriously good players on LANs and they have my ultimate respect - as I can see that talent with my own eyes. For the most part, online-only blurs that view signifcantly and comes down to many random factors working in your favour, rather than skill alone.

As for the things I play - it's mainly FPS and RTS - both of which I will normally complete in campaign/story mode - even if I'm not an Achievement Wh0re. I do like racing stuff - Race '07/GTR2 in particular and will get utterly hooked on an RPG if the game is 'right'. Fallout 3 did that for me last. That wrapped me up completely for hours and hours. :)

D.

Last edited:
Every so often, i'd have a bunch of mates over, all bring their pc's. We'd link up over the network and go at it all night playing C&C. Now that is gaming. Those days used to be awesome, some awesome nights, just gaming it away against each others armys.

I have NEVER completed a consol/pc game, except half life. Mainly because i don't game in that way.

Consol games i don't enjoy unless its somthing like the likes of Forza. Personally i was more into online FPS, which is where i lost 8 or so years of my life playing CS. Use to play in numerous competitions/leagues/lans which meant having to put in a lot of practice. Do i regret it? No, we had hours of endless fun mucking about and having a laugh.