ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What speakers and amp on standard HU? help!

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Before anyone moans yes ive tried using the search for about an hour and nothing really showed up.

Basically i have a ph1 172 with standard head unit and 6cd changer. I want to upgrade the speakers to something decent and already have a mosfelt amp i could use. From what i gather i'll need 13cm speakers?

I definitely want to keep the standard headunit as it doesnt attract theft and matches the interior.

I do not want a bass box.

can i hook an amp upto this so i can get the most out of some uprated speakers?

Speaker wise i am abit lost. Ive previously had inifinity components which ive been quite happy with but that was with running a bass box. I found that in my mk3 golf they sounded fantastic but in my valver they sounded pants, no bass at all.

Went into halfords and they recommended vibe, although i see lots of people on here dont like them, why is that?

ebay seems the cheapest t get speakers from, seen infinity kappa's for £39 a pair [rrp £90iirc]

any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam