ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Stealth Exhaust - Yozza or K-Tec

PH1 172 Sport
Sorry to start another thread but i need some straight answers!!!

Both of the above are looking to be around the same price. So I've narrowed it down between the two.

I have heard that the Yozza exhuast is very well built, produces a OEM type sound but does not provide an increase in performance because of this is this true?

On the other hand a lot of people also seem to rate the K-Tec Stealth as it is slightly noisier than stock and is freer flowing.

What i want is added performance and an exhuast that isn't too intrusive at motorway speeds at about 80. Also i want an exhuast that makes a nice sound when giving it some beans but at the same time does not sound like a loud fart in a can!! So not much!!!

I'm edging towards the K-Tec atm.

Its for a PH1 172.

Any help is appreciated

titanic killer
i think youve answered your own question really as you say you want a performance gain well out of the 2 you listed its got to be Ktec one

PH1 172 Sport
Just wanted to check im not making a mistake i.e i dont want it to sound rubbish or be too boomy on the motorway

titanic killer
the yozza stealth is ment to be quiet but the ktec one i really couldnt give you a defo answer as ive never heard one myself
hve you looked at the GDI stealth made by piper might lso be worth a look

ValverInBits
I would buy a Yozza stealth if there was one that made just a bit more noise. As it is I will have to be getting a Ktec which TBH i'd rather not

Ph1
Bought my Ktec last week and very impressed. Was the ease of bolting to the 182 upgrade that ended up swinging it for me as choosing a exhaust for these is bl00dy hard lol

Nice deep tone and not raspy or tinny at all. Obviously it wont have coked up yet so sound might change a bit maybe?

Fits superb and is far better than my old Magnex. Lot quieter

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Does the K-Tec exhaust use the existing exhaust mounts on a ph2 172? Or do the mounts come included in the price for the exhaust?

I'm thinking of getting my garage to order a K-Tec and get them to fit it, so I'll get the -VAT price, but need to know if you get the mounts as well.

Ph1
You only get the exhaust mounting kit included. Stock mounts you have to buy seperate, roughly 25 quid for the 2 from Renault

Uses stock mounting points yeah

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Fitted my ktec myself as its stupidly easy - just like making something out of lego as a kid lol

Loudness wise, i do a lot of motorway work & its certainly no worse than the standard one noise wise; nice rasp when you nail it though ;)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
What I mean is as my exhaust mounts are shagged, will I need to buy replacement Renault exhaust mounts or do K-Tec supply the exhaust mounts that bolt to the car (not adding on to the Renault exhaust mounts).

PH1 172 Sport
I would buy a Yozza Stealth if they did a 2.5" system but the one they have is restricted on the backbox to silence it. I think the K-tec is winning especially if its easy to fit. Looks like its time to go break the bank!!!

PH1 172 Sport
Thats not what it says on the website??

"This system had the same centre section as our race/road system but has a stealth (hidden) backbox with reduced bore of tail pipe to reduce noise output dramatically."

the yozza stealth is ment to be quiet but the ktec one i really couldnt give you a defo answer as ive never heard one myself
hve you looked at the GDI stealth made by piper might lso be worth a look

aye, deffo worth a look, not that loud at all and provided me with an obvious performance gain. 88db's.

Also look at the Miltek, as they arern't too loud and are supposed to give okay gains.

There's other systems out there too, have a quick search as it's been covered a few times, I'd also not limit yourself to a stealth... because mainly they look gash not being able to see a nice subtle tail pipe.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do miltek make a stealth fella?

Custom and you can have it as loud or as quiet as you like

I had a Ph1 K-tec stealth, still rate it as the best sounding zorst on the market...But thats a bold statement... ;)

I had a Ph1 K-tec stealth, still rate it as the best sounding zorst on the market...But thats a bold statement... ;)

no idea, but tbh the Clio's look weird without having a tail pipe showing. A nice neat one cut into the bumper with the 182 surround looks smart.

custom also an option. I like the Pro Speed systems I've seen and heard, the H&S ones are nice too.

didn't like the 1st series of ktec systems though, bit raspy, which on the F4's it just sounds s**t. Only cars I like with a raspy noise are the Willy and Pug 106gti

PH1 172 Sport
I think the PH1 looks wierd with an exhuast showing and I quite like the stealth look as it keeps the car looking standard.

Would of got a yozza BUT there website is misleading as it states the bore size is reduced to reduce noise but Fred seems to think its not reduced.

Anyway I've gone for a K-Tec stealth. Mainly because its cheaper and Lots of people seem to rate them as well as it seems to be easy to fit at home.

Hopefully ill like the noise it makes if not it'll be in the for sale section soon!!

EDIT: It's just clicked in my head!! The yozza is designed to be as quiet as possible and is not designed for gains. I still think ive made the right choice as I wanted a bit more noise and possible gains.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

no idea, but tbh the Clio's look weird without having a tail pipe showing. A nice neat one cut into the bumper with the 182 surround looks smart.

custom also an option. I like the Pro Speed systems I've seen and heard, the H&S ones are nice too.

didn't like the 1st series of ktec systems though, bit raspy, which on the F4's it just sounds s**t. Only cars I like with a raspy noise are the Willy and Pug 106gti

HUmmm, i think the oppposite. The ph2 is really raspy (Janspeed) The ph1 Tiger is a lovely deep note, esp with decat and Maxogen.

Lionel Richie
right to clarify

ALL yozzasport exhausts (172 and 182) have a 2.5inch centre section

182 centre section has no silencer
all of the 172 centre sections have a small silencer (all bar the race version)

its just the back boxes that vary, they're all 2.5 inch centre section to back box, its the internals and tail pipes that alter the noise

the YS stealth in question has never been advertised as a performance gaining exhaust, we never tested it as it was meant to be a replacement for OE (quiet), this however doesn't mean that you won't gain any power, its just never been tested on the dyno, so rightly so performance gains cannot be claimed

ValverInBits
^^ is there not a Yozza stealth in the pipeline (scuse pun!) or on the shelf that will increase noise a bit (like the ktec stealth) but not too much (race zorsts are way too loud for me), and still maintain the excellent build quality that yozza seem to hold.

Megane 230 R26
Morning guys,

When people refer to the "stealth" do they mean this one? I'm looking at new exhausts for my Trophy atm because the existing one is shagged (one/both of the backboxes sound like a roses tin full of coins!) and this is one of the ones I've looked at. And does anyone know dB readings for the standard exhaust perchance, for comparison to the ones K-Tec quote?

Cheers :)

titanic killer
^^no thts not a stealth matey
only get them for the 172s were you can 'hide' the backbox fron sight hence 'stealth'not for 182s as they have 2 tilpipes at the back

Ph1
Morning guys,

When people refer to the "stealth" do they mean this one? I'm looking at new exhausts for my Trophy atm because the existing one is shagged (one/both of the backboxes sound like a roses tin full of coins!) and this is one of the ones I've looked at. And does anyone know dB readings for the standard exhaust perchance, for comparison to the ones K-Tec quote?

Cheers :)

Stealth means hidden. (factory Clio 172 look)

182's dont have hidden exhausts (stealth) obviously and pretty sure you cant get a after market stealth off the shelf for a 182

ph2 172
^^ is there not a Yozza stealth in the pipeline (scuse pun!) or on the shelf that will increase noise a bit (like the ktec stealth) but not too much (race zorsts are way too loud for me), and still maintain the excellent build quality that yozza seem to hold.

In my experiance the Yozza stealth while no louder (volume) is quite a different sound to std. It produces a really nice deep throaty tone, and you certainly know it's there when booting it.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
K-tec one is not great, fitting is poor.

Yozzasport one seem to be the best - quality and performance.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
I have the yozza stealth....

Buy one. Thats all im saying. Revs alot better with it on so some tiny performance gain is there!

The noise isnt that hush hush as people make it out to be.

Megane 230 R26
I see... cheers guys :) I couldn't see anything called "Stealth" on the site, I was thinking it was meant as in looking standard, but not being!

What are people's opinions on supersprint?

Black Gold with cup packs
Yozza exhaust is superb, I believe the K-tech exhaust is designed for K-tech by janspeed, so both have great reputations!!