ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What suspension for stripped 182. See pic

Clio 182
Hi All.

I am getting my car ready for the track. Will on my be used on track so not fussed about ride comfort.
Anyone recommend a spring drop for the rear when stripped. It's on H&R 30mm all round and sitting very high on the rear. Don't see how 40mm springs will make enough difference. Will 50mm be ok on cup shocks?.
Will be buying some decent coilovers next year but want to do a few sessions this year.

Sorry having issues uploading a picture

Clio 182
Looking for some coilovers next year but just want to know if I should buy 50mm lowering springs for the rear to bring it down to a good height for the track. I could have a party in my rear arch there's so much room with the 30mm h&r. Not a fan of the slammed look but mines too high. Fronts ok as I still have weight there but I've gutted everything from the rear and it's just sitting too high at the mo. What drops are people using on the rear of a gutted 1*2?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking for some coilovers next year but just want to know if I should buy 50mm lowering springs for the rear to bring it down to a good height for the track. I could have a party in my rear arch there's so much room with the 30mm h&r. Not a fan of the slammed look but mines too high. Fronts ok as I still have weight there but I've gutted everything from the rear and it's just sitting too high at the mo. What drops are people using on the rear of a gutted 1*2?

I have H&r springs. I’m in talks with Kam Racing about getting rear bc springs and adjusters (height). Will bring the rear down nicely. Want me to let you know how it pans out?. Price wise around the 100 mark.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Have you driven it on track yet? Personally I wouldn't change it for the sake of changing it. Try it as is and put the 100 quid or whatever into your coilover fund imo