ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What suspension??

RenaultSport clio 172
Hi, I own a 172, and want to modify the suspension..I just put a 17" wheels with a 205/40 tire, and the car is a bit ( 20 mm aprox) higher. I want to go back to the original hight and maybe a bit lower than that asi the car feels a little unstable. What suspension kit should I get? the car is for everyday road use and trackdays from then to then.
Thanks.

Megane225FF
Coilovers will drop you anywhere between 20mm - 80mm depending on the make..
apex springs -30mm

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
H&R's sound the best with a bias to road rather than track wich seem to be Billies...

Yozzasport have some deals on at the moment for both..

RenaultSport clio 172
Hey! when you get them installed ( H&R) tell me how they turned out...anyway...how will the H&R handle in the track?
I thought the Gaz wolud be the best option for the track..poor damper??

clio sport 172 said:
Hey! when you get them installed ( H&R) tell me how they turned out...anyway...how will the H&R handle in the track?
I thought the Gaz wolud be the best option for the track..poor damper??
You need someone who understand how dampers work to explain but Gaz valving in the dampers are very poor.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
the initial shim stack does not allow enough flow of oil to facilitate a smooth damping curve... so you get a sharp resistance to the initial bump which means the spring is never allowed to do its work... and the shocks dont really move..

what you need is a progressive compliant shock that allows controlled movement...

RenaultSport clio 172
so I heard H&R are good for every day driving...they are good on track to? ( sory for asking again but would like to have someone specify on this--thanks)...
the leda...any links? comparing both of them on track&road?
Thanks!:S

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
clio sport 172 said:
Thanks for the responses. So it seems that the H&R is very good for the road, but for the track? I don´t mind havin a litlle stiff suspension for the road though, was looking at the gaz suspension at k-tec http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1776
i got my fk fully adjustable coilovers frm k-tec! very good!think they do a kit with adj damper settings for track use or road use too!;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Andy GDI said:
H&R or Leda

H&R - for road bias

Bilstein - Track bias

They both use H&R spring and Bilstein dampers..but the Billies have higher damping and spring rate i think.

Does anyone know the difference in rates ?