ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what this 'thing' by the clutch

'92 172, Lotus Elise
sorry for the rubbish title :D

was browsing dialogys and I noticed this thing on the clutch page

clutch.jpg

#7... FAUX RLT 40-17 £0.73

not seen one before and I dont think i've got one... what is it and is my clutch about to blow up cause i've not got one? :dead:

Megane dci 130
It looks to me just like the spigot bearing, it goes into the end of the crank so you probably wont be able to see it.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Its a bearing - not the clutch release bearing which is item 3, but a spigot bearing that sits inside the crankshaft and the gearbox shaft then sits in.

Nissan 350z
FYI that part isn't fitted as standard, but it comes in all clutch kits. Makes clutch allignment massively easier :)

Out of interest, what would be the side effects of a misaligned clutch? Ive got a hunch this is what im suffering since having my clutch replaced.

Car juddering at biting point?

Nissan 350z
Damn sounds more expensive than something being misaligned... guess i will put up with it alittle longer lol.

Thanks for the tip!