ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to buy?

clio 1.2 16v expression
planning on giving my car a good wash n wax polish etc, atm i wash with turtle wax shampoo and then try with chamois n then use turtle wax over car.

Image120.jpg

whats the best products to get and what order to use, full names etc please is i read a few threads and just want to know what to put together

clio 1.2 16v expression
pm dave? i see "Rich" knows alot as he seems to know what he 's talking about, mite just pm hom or see if he replies here

A number of clios
sweet looking motor mate i have the same side skirts lol i wash with turtle wax zip wax dry polish we autoglym s/r polish then use the autoglym extra gloss bring it up a treat

Skoda Fabia vRS
right, for drying the car id recommend a Poorboys Waffle Weave Drying Towel, its larger and softer than the Meguiars one, this is better than a chamois as its softer on your paintwork, its also very large

for washing the car get yourself a Meguiars lambswool wash mitt, i presume at the moment you use a sponge, this will inflict swirls on your car as it rubs the grit around your paintwork, the wash mitt has a deep pile and the grit can go into that

for polish etc id look at the Poorboys World range, as every product ive used has given me good results and is very easy to apply and remove, which is very important when working by hand

apply products with applicator pads, not an old t-shirt :) i use the round yellow ones

remove products with microfibre cloths, these can vary in quality by a LOT........currently my best are my Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towels, i got those from Alex @ Serious Performance, who stocks loads of other stuff aswell and posts in this forum

106 GTi
My process on Black if working by hand.

Wash - lambswool mitt and Chemical Guys Shampoo
Swirl Removal - Megs Scratch X
Polish/paint clean- Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.
Wax - P21s Concours look wax, Poorboys Nattys Blue Wax or Pinnacle Souveran depending on your budget.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/ with CS discount will get you the Nattys Blue or P21s, AG from Halfords.

The Poorboys range of polishes are great but better suited to machine use.