ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do about trailing wires on led tv

LY R27
ok, so nearly finished my room and fitted my tv to the wall yesturday, but now brings the dilema of how to make the trailing wires bellow the tv look vaguely good

ok so the obvious solution would be bury them in the wall, but the room has just been finished and i didnt initially plan to get a tele when i started out.

i may have a small cabinet bellow it to put my ps3 on but apart from that not too sure how to make it look "reasonable"

these pics are bad quality but you get the idea

_DSC3322.jpg

_DSC3321.jpg

_DSC3320.jpg

anyone got any pics of what they have done?

tata

GTD, Lupo
I know you dont want to but the best way is to put them in the wall. Do it right the first time or you will regret it.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
if its a stud wall its very minor job to bury the cables in the wall and easy to fix, small hole at top behind the tv, small hole at bottom. Drop a plumb line down, pull cables through then stick a brush plate at the bottom.... then ya dont even need to do any remedial work. If you cant be arsed with that then just stick up some self adhesive conduit trunking and paint it the same colour as the wall.

Bus w**ker
Are you living in a squat?

Anyway, my plan is to use D-Line trunking (this week actually). Mostly as I'm only here temporarily and the walls as solid brick so would need channelling.

P.S. I have that PAX wardrobe. Fun fact.

Fiesta ST
Here you go mate, use the trunking as mentioned above. Very easy to do, cables can be added or taken out quickly and when you come to take the tv down you arent left with any holes in the wall

IMG_0258.gif

trunking is for elephanting.

The best way to do it imo, is to knock up an mdf frame that would go from just under the tv to the floor, make it stand proud from the wall and then easily hide the cables behind.
Paint the mdf a cool colour, add some shelves to in the same colour for your kit, and BOOM! you'll be thanking me.

I'd show you but havent got photoshop, or the patience at the minute..

You should have enough room. By frame I mean a sheet of mdf standing no more than 1 inch from the wall supported by studs.

EAZEH!