ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What To Do After CLAY!

RS Meg 175
Ok, once you have clayed your car and you have gone over it with a microfibre,
What do you do? wash it down with clean water from hose, wash it again with mitt and shampoo? or just crack on with the wax and polish?

Muchos Thankos

No more clio's for me!
I wipe the car down with a little sampoo/water mix or just water, chammy off until completely dry. Then apply some megs nxt generation wax.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I think most people wash again. but I just QD'd as I went along and it was fine. then get on with the polish then wax or another LSP.

I'm still in the middle of doing mine - I hope to finish it tomorrow.
I've clayed and #83 by PC, still got to #80 and EGP and DC3.

106 GTi
I clay after washing with the car still wet, quickly re-wash and dry. Then onto the polishing.

Still in the middle of doing mine to, washed, Polished with SSR 2.5, and #80, and glazed with Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze so far. Another coat of Galze and start to seal tomorrow all going well, but have a Cossie to do aswell so it could be busy!

No more clio's for me!
Rich said:
I clay after washing with the car still wet, quickly re-wash and dry. Then onto the polishing.

Still in the middle of doing mine to, washed, Polished with SSR 2.5, and #80, and glazed with Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze so far. Another coat of Galze and start to seal tomorrow all going well, but have a Cossie to do aswell so it could be busy!

Rich, is the galze stuff any good? Thinkin of having a bash with it, can i do it straight after waxing with nxt generation wax?

Apologies for the hi-jack post ;)

106 GTi
Using a glaze gives a deeper wetter look to your paint and fills any minor inperfections.

I should be used before sealing or waxing. Some sealants wont bond to it, and those that can be usd over it wont get full durability due to the oily nature of the Glaze.

If you use it before your NXT the light cleaners in it will remove the oils it leaves behind anyway. If you use it after the NXT you need to make sure it is a pure glaze so not to strip of the NXT and then seal it in with a wax.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Rich said:

Don't forget the tyre dressing Rich ;) :quiet:

No more clio's for me!
Rich - What do you use to seal the paint after Glaze and can you get poorboys SSR2.5 from Halfrauds?? Got a plan for tomorrow....

Wash
SSR2.5 (if i can get it...anything else to look for?)
Meg's 80
Seal?????

Ta,
D

106 GTi
You wont get any of that from Halfords unfortunatley Dan.

Halfords only do the Megs consumer range.

I havent sealed it at all yet thats a job for tomorrow.

No more clio's for me!
Bugger....thats tomorrow scuppered then.

Oh well. Where can i get it? Can you recommend me a complete pack of stuff?

Good luck with the cossie tomorrow ;)

RB 182
Dan try something like this which you might be able to get at Halfords.

Rinse
Wash with Meg Gold Class (mit and 2 bucket method)
Rinse
Clay - Megs Quik Detailer
ScratchX on small areas that requite attention
AG SRP
AG EGP

p.s. Rich get some pictures of that Cossie up ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
Serious now has ah Ebay shop which has much more stuff on it than his website, so check that out too

106 GTi
All the stuff in the ebay shop should be on the full price list to download on Alex's site to.