ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do next

I have got my car back eventually! I will post some pics up soon. (She looks like brand new)

What do i do now?

I know its possible to push 215bhp out of my engine with some serious money spent on it!

I have a budget of £3000 and at the moment only have a Ktec stainless steel system fitted, what would you all do to increase the power without fitting a turbo and nos?

Any advice with company names and contact numbers will be grateful!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I take mine to nick at hillpower 01530273633 You could have a set of cams & pulleys,polished & ported head,matched inlet manifold,modified ecu and cold air induction kit,and hell rolling road it before & after

Dont bother, sell it and buy something more tunable.

Just my 2 pence. :)

I dont mean anything derogatory by this, just dont think its worth spending £3k on a NA engine in whats already a pretty sorted little hot hatch

cock mobile.

Will 3k not stretch to some throttle bodies? Or are they more expensive than that?

Megane225FF

SMT6, inlet manifold, cams & decat, you may even get somw change from £3k for the insurance hike...

Speak to AndyGDI & BenR

£3k will get you throttle bodies. That will see you about 210~220hp. Plus the noise is superb.
With that aswell youll also get a stand alone ECU which can be remapped for when you get cams and head work. Wit an SMT device plus head work etc getting more power will be expensive since youll need a stand alone ECU after youve just paid £500 for an SMT.
You can get 330hp if you have the money without NOS or turbos.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 03 August 2005
£3k will get you throttle bodies. That will see you about 210~220hp. Plus the noise is superb.
With that aswell youll also get a stand alone ECU which can be remapped for when you get cams and head work. Wit an SMT device plus head work etc getting more power will be expensive since youll need a stand alone ECU after youve just paid £500 for an SMT.
You can get 330hp if you have the money without NOS or turbos.

not quit add around £900 onto that £3K

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..there was a quote for tbs 3.7-4k on here the other day (^210hpish as said), if you decide to do the head, cams smt7 etc route first you can sell the smt7 later if you decide to spend more and get tbs, it is better to get the most amount you can afford because it save on labour and doing some things twice, just because its a clio so what, ppl do it cos they want to eg Nik Read or Mehdi, some like a sleeper & hats off to them for some originality eh. mines nearly done..cant wait :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 03 August 2005

I dont mean anything derogatory by this, just dont think its worth spending £3k on a NA engine in whats already a pretty sorted little hot hatch
More tunable?

Whats wrong with 300bhp NA?

All tuning costs, your re-engineering the total engine.

3K is but pocket change when your pushing for power and some decent level of reliability (when pushing near 150bhp/ltr....reliability is going to suffer).

Quote: Originally posted by sh33n on 03 August 2005

Will 3k not stretch to some throttle bodies? Or are they more expensive than that?
£3.7K basic package all in, including vacuum manifolds and a proper breather system solution (not venting to atmo).

Caddy Maxi

bet i could put you in touch with someone who could get you tbs (possibly independant ones) and omex fully mappeable ECU fo that money and MAYBE some change (not much mind) ;)

[Edited by Rich1.2 on 8/4/2005 12:43:18 AM]

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 03 August 2005
Give GDI your £3000 and leave it with them.

But thats boring, its morte funa dn more of a challenge if you make the choices yourself and get everything done one thing at a time, to me modding my car is about making ti mine, but paying someone else to make the choices and do all the work

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 03 August 2005

More tunable?

Whats wrong with 300bhp NA?

All tuning costs, your re-engineering the total engine.

3K is but pocket change when your pushing for power and some decent level of reliability (when pushing near 150bhp/ltr....reliability is going to suffer).

Its never cheap to tune any car properly, but Ive had 3 or 4 turbo cars and theyre a lot easier to extract power from.

300bhp NA, I dread to think what thatd cost! :eek: