ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do? sell or keep? do the belt?help?

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
Ive advertised my 182 on pistonheads as im about to buy a house and could really do without the loan repayments. Like a lot of you guys i have a bond with my car...i hate it cos its too small ........but love it cos its been 100% reliable,fun and has the toys. As a technician ive done all the upkeep myself and the only major cost to me has been 4 new tyres just recently. Ive advertised it for 5100 quid which is the cheapest on there really with the milage and due to my mother curbing the front wheel few week back but i think its not gettin any responce poss due to it needing the cambelt in the next year. Ill do it myself ive done loads i just dont have the funds to buy the kit at the mo and ive bought a replacement run around.. a vw bora v5. Is 5100 too much to ask the gen public? i paid 8k for it feb 08 as it was v low milage. its now at 49k. The advert aint a premium one though lol

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Just stump up the money for a premium advert on pistonheads, otherwise when someone does a search low/high price, there's all the premium ones at the top, and yours will be about halfway through...paid up for VX220 advert when I sold mine a few weeks back and it went within 1 day.

Also you get to put more photos which is definitely important. It took me ages to sell my 182 last year. I also got a lot of feedback that people like to have the dates of the services, and the mileage they are at, and as much detail as possible.

If you can do the cambelt properly yourself (think you need a renault locking tool for F4R), then definitely do it, as you can put that big across your advert and it'll get a much more positive response.