ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do with the clio?

435D X-Drive
I am now in need of some advice. I have just started a new job included in this is a company car it is a C3 connection not great by all means. Therfore the clio will only be used on my days off (3 days every two weeks).

I am struggling to decide on what to do now! - I truly love the car but I feel it is going to be wasted just sat there most of the time.

options

A) Sell the car live without it.

B) Sell the car and use money to buy the girlfriend a runabout possibly.

C) Keep the car and start to prep it for a road going track car.

I just dont know any help/advice would be great.

Adam.

Mk1 Focus RS
if youve got the finances i'd go for option C, nice project to be on going with and take it for some track days throughout the year

e92 330i
If you dont need the money then keep it.

Or sell it, buy a cheap ph1 to use for track and use the rest of the money for holiday etc etc.

435D X-Drive
kill two birds with one stone, combine B) and C) the lady will have a nice car and you'll have a nice toy ;)

I have been thinking about this adding her as a named driver (as she will not use it too much)

Then maybe get some track wheels etc...

Renault Clio RS182
Another point to consider; will you be able to use the company vehicle for social purposes outside of work hours? We couldn't use the vans before 7am or after 5pm.

435D X-Drive
Another point to consider; will you be able to use the company vehicle for social purposes outside of work hours? We couldn't use the vans before 7am or after 5pm.

Yes I can use it for social purposes, I am also saving towards a house at the moment so the extra cash could come in useful.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
C) gets my vote. You wont get a lot for a 182 nowadays anyway and will kick yourself when its gone

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
D) Just park it up - why make a decision now, it won't lose you anything. See if you miss driving it.
E) Sell your 182 and with whats left from buying your Mrs a car (WTF- get her to buy her own, Pics?) get a ph1 172 on the cheap for the Lolz.

You'll be back on here (in a few months) starting a thread with "what to do - I miss my clio" if you chose A or B. C is not an option IMO - You'll get less for it when you do sell it and track cars are only a good idea - usually poor execution and lack commitment.