ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to expect from a 'dual shock sensor' alarm?

Need quick answers. Should I call the fitter back before he loses interest or not?

~I've just had a Toad alarm system installed and am happy with most of it, but it seems to take a lot to trigger the alarm.

The alarm includes a 'dual shock sensor', but I can bounce on the bonnet or boot until it feels like I'm about to damage the bodywork. It chirps but doesn't go off!

To get it to go off I have to run up to it and slam the side panel really hard with my shoulder. In this case, it chirps, then goes off a couple of seconds later.

I realise its a 'dual sensor' so it needs two bumps in succession. I realise the reason for this (so a single gust of wind doesn't set it off). But is it normal for it to need so much force? I was thinking that if someone hit my bumper it would let me know?

I can't even be sure that the first chirps aren't from the proximity sensor and the siren isn't from the tilt alarm (I'm probably moving the body the required 1.8 degrees). How do I know that the installer isn't takig me for a ride, ad that a dual shock sesor is actually installed?!

Mucho thanko.