ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to get?

Fiesta ST-2
The SRP/EGP will need replacing soon and I'm looking to get DJ lime prime/ CG Blitz. I don't think I can use these together though? Which one should I choose?

You can fella, LP is just a finishing product and a bloody good one (Hai Paul). Great for paint prep pre sealent.

CGblitz is superb.

Fiesta ST-2
You can fella, LP is just a finishing product and a bloody good one (Hai Paul). Great for paint prep pre sealent.

CGblitz is superb.

Oh good, thought I read somewhere sealants find it hard to bond to LP or something?

Fiesta ST-2
I was gonna say to JD I bet if you worked LP by hand it would look awesome but I thought id admire you instead :)

Not a 320d
Id stick with SRP as im not a fan of the lime prime personally, its crap by hand IMO, id rarther machine polish the car once a year, and use SRP to fill the minor swirls that come from washing or drying, as for the Blitz, i hear its excelent, that jew named Ali told me it was good and he seems to know what hes talking about.

Fiesta ST-2
I want to try something new so I'll think im gonna get some LP as well. If its rubbish by hand I'll go back to SRP and save the LP incase I get a machine polisher one day.

db

db detailing™
I'll second that... LP by machine followed by Blitz looks and performs pretty dam good!

Fiesta ST-2
I can put a layer of wax over the CG blitz right? If so will I have to add layers of wax in the winter months or can I put some blitz ontop of the wax as a top up like?

Bumder With A Buffer
Aye Blitz is a sealent so wax goes on after.

Sealent on top of a wax??? Unsure but id say no?? :S

Just a going over with a QD would do fine and a Wax top-up. (obviously washing before hand!)

Although depending what wax you use (i.e long lasting..476 or FK1000p etc) then you shouldnt need to worry about waxing for a few months

Fiesta ST-2
Got some DJ Blue velvet, know its not the most durable but id rather whack more layers on than fork out for another wax like 476s.

Bumder With A Buffer
Just put a couple of layers on. To be honest I did mine with Blue Velvet over a month ago and the bugger is still beading!

Couple of layers should be okay. Then a top-up when the weather is okayish during the winter!

Bumder With A Buffer
It will deteriorate (sp??) over time though...maybe need to whack on a couple of layers on in December??

Admittedly I have never used Blue Velvet over the winter months..I might experiment actually!

Megane R26
Any oil based prep product, rather than acrylic, as a base for a sealant may lessen durability, but the effect differs depending on the sealant. I did a 50/50 on a friends bonnet with Zymol HD Cleanse and SRP, both topped with Zaino Z2, and the durability from the SRP was noticeably better.

So, beyond the initial 'looks', I'd always recommend using something less oily than Lime Prime as a base for a sealant, based upon the above, and the general consensus from DW.

Oily base for a wax... acrylic/nothing for a sealant.

That said, a LOT of sealant will eat through whatever is on the car anyway to bond properly with the paint, so it could be that the Lime Prime layer is wasted anyway, unless used for correction, but then there are better products out there anyway...

As Russ has said, the main use for Lime Prime I have found is a decent correction tool, in lieu of SRP. Not seen an issue using LP->CGB->wax of your choice. Long lasting and looks wise I haven't found a better combo.