ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to look for in Clio S Maxim??

Clio 182 FF
Right then, the clio i wanted i have now been told he has sold:mad:.

Turned my attention back to another clio \/ 1997 1.4 S Maxim

Am going to see it this sunday.
Is there anything i should look out for such as common problems with then?? and what would be a decent price??

Quick pic of it as i am buying and what i might do to it;)
1cliomaxim.gif

CLIO3.gif

Clio 182 FF
Same as buying any other clio or car tbh - lets hope that the plates just unfortunate though !

lol, yeah, obviously i will look for the obvious.

Never had a clio before so don't know any common faults.

Just wondered if anyone with a s maxim knows any common probs to look for

lol, yeah, obviously i will look for the obvious.

Never had a clio before so don't know any common faults.

Just wondered if anyone with a s maxim knows any common probs to look for
Have you tried a search ?? Search for things like 'mk1 clio buying advice' 'buying a valver' 'buying a williams' - ok I know that a maxim isn't one of the latter cars, but they are mk1's too & have a few threads with decent info in them.

The main problem though is rusty rear arches & sills.

Clio 182 FF
Have you tried a search ?? Search for things like 'mk1 clio buying advice' 'buying a valver' 'buying a williams' - ok I know that a maxim isn't one of the latter cars, but they are mk1's too & have a few threads with decent info in them.

The main problem though is rusty rear arches & sills.

had rusty arches but been sorted and sprayed. Hardly noticable.
will check sills when i go to see it on sunday.

didn't realise about the search but will loo now. only joined a couple of days ago, thanks

There isn't a lot of problems that i came across when my Maxim S was a 1.4, pretty bomb proof engine and gearbox. As said there might be problems with rust, the one i had only had 60k miles so the shell was mint, and i mean mint, with no surface rust anywhere on the car and no repairs done to it. But obviously other not so looked after cars would be worse. Id say check te repairs as if its a bit of filler and paint, then no doubt it wont last very long in that condition. Great little cars tho!

had rusty arches but been sorted and sprayed. Hardly noticable.
will check sills when i go to see it on sunday.

didn't realise about the search but will loo now. only joined a couple of days ago, thanks
basically if the rust is bad, walk away. If the arches have been done they rust up agian within a couple of years (they rust from the inside outwards) the only way to make sure it never came back would be to replace the metal on the arches.