ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to look for when buyin a clio

clio 1.2 M reg
Hey every1 I'm pickin my M reg 1.2 clio up on thursday just wonderin is there anythin in paticular to look for on a clio before i buy it? Thanks very much.:clown:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not atall mate you should get a quick response, alot of good lads and gals on here with good advice.

Right as its an older car the first things to check are the obvious ones>>>

1.Service History > Check its been serviced reguarly this is the pit fall of renault's if there neglected through lack of servicing it can be the death of it.

2.Cambelt and Timing belt will have needed done at 5 years or 72,000 miles whichever were soonest, this should show that it needed done in the year 1999 or 2000 dependant on year (this might need done round-about now again if the mileage suffices to yearly average)

3. Just look round it generally, you will know if the car has been looked after. Also if you can take someone with you to look at it, i often find that when you go to look at a car you wear rosey tinted specs and dont accomodate for faults and dings through excitment lol, the other person will speak there mind as there not the one buying it!

4. Make sure the car is cold when you go and view, when a car is warmed up the rattles and bangs arent as obvious when the car has had time to settle.

I hope this helps roughly, there are a few other things you should look for im sure others will point out.....!

Regards!

clio 1.2 M reg
thanks very much danny was just wonederin if theres out special to look for on the clio like wishbone problems or anything

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I wouldnt say so unless the car has any accident damage which brings me to this website >>> www.mycarcheck.com

I swear by it, gives you all you need to know ie if its ever been...

~Crash damaged
~Re-sprayed
~how many owners
~Chassis + engine number
~Owners, how many
~Mileage check

Its really pretty competitive for the money!

Good luck matey!

clio 1.2 M reg
ok cheers mate well no crash damage or anythin i no wot to look for on cars worked on em for years lol since i could pick up a wrench lol thanks very much mate

clio 1.2 M reg
got my clio already done nearly 300 mile in it lol just needs sum rubber exhaust mounts now gettin it done tuesday