ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to use?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone tell me what is best to use on a platinum sliver colour, to get swirl marks out (without a PC) plus best thing to use to wax and polish and in what order to do stuff?
Thanks

srp if they are not bad swirls, if they are then maybe some scratch x by meguiars, but only if they are bad as that stuff can be seriously cuttin.

would suggest a PC tbh mate

jamie

106 GTi
Unless they are very mild SRP wont do much, though on Silver you may get away with it.

Something like Megs Scratch X is your best bet to use by hand but will be a ball ache to do the whole car but will be worth it.

Follow that up with Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss and the paint should look great. You could always follow it up with a nice Carnuba Wax aswell for some added gloss.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Rich you are the man thanks whats the best things to use to put things on with about to make an order

106 GTi
Wash
Dry
(You could clay aswell here if you liked)
Scratch X if Needed
AG Super Resin
AG Extra Gloss
Carnuba Wax if you want an extra step.

I apply everything with foam hand pads and remove with a decent microfibers.

You may find a folded terry towel gives better bite and allows you more even pressure when applying the scratch x though.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
ok mate cheers i am going to try and clay it for the first time. This stuff is ok to use one fresh paint (3 weeks old) and i wont scratch X that part of the car.

106 GTi
I would not SRP, EGP or wax any new paint unless the bodyshop has said it is safe to. Most say allow 30 - 90 days.