ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tools do I need? Clio dci egr

Clio 1.5 dci
Hello. Stuck at home with all my tools at work.
What tools do I need to remove the egr valve from my Clio 1.5 dci 65? (2004 model) Got a few basic tools here. Only just made it home and I am pretty sure the fault lies with the egr valve.
Thanks.

CB600FS
Yeah as Vince said, flat blade screwdriver for the airbox pipe and either a 10mm spanner or a 1/4" 10mm socket on a T20 screwdriver (not 100% needed).

Dead easy todo, pull the air intake pipe off, unclip the relevant wiring off the top of the airbox, undo the pressure sensor on the right hand side of the airbox (or swing the airbox out the way and leave it on) undo the jubilee clip at the back of the airbox, pull off, pull the front of the airbox up, then move the whole lot to the left (peg underneath) pull it out.

Undo the 2 X 10mm nuts and 1 X 10mm bolt being careful not to drop the heatshield. Pull the EGR out - it'll either fall out or be an arse.

Clio 1.5 dci
Thanks guys. Wasn't looking forward to a 50 mile round trip on the bike tomorrow (haven't done much cycling recently) to get some tools. Got enough at home for the job. At least it is accessible. Was a bit wet/windy and dark before so didn't look.

Clio 1.5 dci
Took the valve out this morning, needed a little persuasion but not difficult. Didn't look so bad but gave it a clean anyway. Using a screwdriver the piston/disc moves out and in freely.
Have read somewhere on here that it is possible as a quick fix to turn the unit round and the roadside assistance boys do this. I can see how this would blank the exhaust pipe off but physically because of the mounting holes it only fits one way????????????

Clio 1.5 dci
You put in in a different way around, you can only get one bolt in!

So just a temporary get you home bodge then. Thought I was missing something. Thanks.
Might carry the necessary tools in the car just in case I get stuck. Think it has been developing for a few weeks as the fuel consumption has dropped from 71.2 to 67.7 mpg.

Mondeo TDCI 130
It is just meant to be a temporary measure, even though i have known people block them off and never have a spot off bother!