ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What type of paint should i use to paint my badges?

'03 Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys, just bought a Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique at the weekend and thought i'd join the forum. I'd searched through a few threads and seen a few standard pointers to modify my clio; RS Grille, colour matching badges, mirrors etc. Just wondered how i would go around colour matching the badges? Want to spray them black, would i just buy a can from halfords or somewhere with official colours online?

(Obligatory images of my car :) )

Cheers,
Tom

2010 Clio Dynamique
I just used a high build primer and standard satin black paint, its lasted a few thousand miles and looks half decent too!
3vha.jpg

Clio 172 phase 1
dont use hi build ........ you need to clean them off with pannel wipe/ degreaser and lightly dust over some plastic primer a few light coats to allow it to stick and then do the same with the paint a few light dust coats ...... hi build primer wont adhere well to the plastic and will flake off its also thick and will look kack

Clio 16v Expression
I have the exact same clio. Exact same colour too. In the process of colour coding, and doing the wing mirrors, spoiler trim, grill and other small bits of trim gloss black. Do you know the exact colour code of the car? I know it's 603, but halfords told me there is about 15 variations of 603 and I have no idea which one it is!

'03 Clio 1.2 16v
No Adam mate, i don't have a clue what the colour code is! Awesome that we've basically got the same car though. Update us on your progress.

Cheers for all the input guys, think i'm gonna take them off and put some primer on like you've mentioned then spray gloss black. I'll buy an RS Grill in a few months too so progress will be happening soon!

Cheers,
​Tom