ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres should i get

Clio 1.8 16v

well i am gettin some conti just because i can get 60%off them but what size should i get?185/55 or 195/55 i am confused because my mates 19 16v has 195 and mine has 185!i thought they would of been the same so who would have the wrong tyres on ?

go for the original 185/55/15s - they may not hold on for so long in the corners, but theyll be more adjustable and stick better on mid-corner bumps due to the slightly higher profile.

IMO of course... ;)

Clio 1.8 16v

how come they are different then on the 19 16v?i would of thought they would of been the same!think i might go for the 195 because there would be more tyre on the road so it should stick better than the 185,what does the50 mean or 55?eg 185/55

i have 195/50s fitted to mine,

and IMHO they grip much better than the 185/55s that came as standard

Why are they different? Dunno,maybe its also why the 19 handles a load better than the clio (that will kick off an argument! lol).

the 55 in the 185/55 is the aspect ratio. Basically the tyre tread area is 185mm wide, the 55 is a percentage of that width. So the sidewall height is 55% of 185, in this case the side wall height is 100mm roughly.

On the 195 the aspect ratio is 50 which means the sidewall is about 98mm high.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 06 July 2003

Why are they different? Dunno,maybe its also why the 19 handles a load better than the clio (that will kick off an argument! lol).
how dare you come on here & say that......rant,rant,rant,rant,scream,shout,rant,rant,rant,,,ughhhh cant be arsed now !

i have 195.45.15 on mine.....handles ok, but likes to tramline a bit.....you also feel the bumps in the road (bit obvious that)............depends what you would prefer....better handling (go for lower profile)...or more comfortable ride (go for the 55s) <--- thought id best try & put some info in so everyone dont think im a sarcastic old fart !!......(dont wanna take mike wrights crown!)......................<starts running>

just noticed.....guy dont wanna know about profiles!!...oh well !!