ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres?

Car  200 Ultra Red
Needing a couple of new tyres, should I stick with Michelin Pilot PE2 (79.60 each from mytyres.co.uk) or change to a different tyre?

Any advice would help.

Cheers
 
Will look silly if your going to have half and half of different brands IMO. I'm in the same situation as I have two rear tyres with nails in now...

Just bought a full set of Goodyears off mytyres but getting second thoughts about them :( your more than welcome to purchase my two front PE2's if I do keep the Goodyears! Think there is over 6mm of tread left! :o
 
yoko a539 yep agree or toyo proxes or if u have money toyo 888 (big money)but they are all 4 the serious driver. n xzibit u behave lol im a real driver i like 2 stick 2 the road not save a few miles lol
 
yoko a539 yep agree or toyo proxes or if u have money toyo 888 (big money)but they are all 4 the serious driver. n xzibit u behave lol im a real driver i like 2 stick 2 the road not save a few miles lol

Useless when the english skies decide to open though!
 
yoko a539 yep agree or toyo proxes or if u have money toyo 888 (big money)but they are all 4 the serious driver. n xzibit u behave lol im a real driver i like 2 stick 2 the road not save a few miles lol

I wouldn't ever use proxies or A529 on any car if you like to grip IMO.
 
personally im begining to like the Toyo T1R's.
immense grip in the dry when nicely warmed up. Sure they suffer in the wet, but if u drive fast enough to cause problems in the wet you need ure head testing anyway LOL
 
yoko a539 yep agree or toyo proxes or if u have money toyo 888 (big money)but they are all 4 the serious driver. n xzibit u behave lol im a real driver i like 2 stick 2 the road not save a few miles lol

I wouldn't ever use proxies or A529 on any car if you like to grip IMO.

I dont know where all the bad words come from about the A539s
I have had them on and with the correct psi's for the setup of the car.
They have been very good for the price of them.
They lack the ultimate grip of say f1s, but there not much off it. And in the wet there is plenty of grip and they communicate well.
Was suprised how grippy they was at brands in the wet.
 
Needing a couple of new tyres, should I stick with Michelin Pilot PE2 (79.60 each from mytyres.co.uk) or change to a different tyre?

Any advice would help.

Cheers

The question is " were you happy with the Michelin PE2'S " ? If your answer is " yes " then stick with them .

I can't fault em , good grip in the dry and wet :)
 
I find A539s to be brilliant.

Not sure about in the wet because as Steve says I cannot be arsed with pushing it then.

But in the dry IMO they are the best tyre I have ever used. The just seem to grip grip grip. They don't last long though - put some on 4 weeks ago with 7mm of tread and now down to 3 on the front and 5 on the back.

Sam
 
personally im begining to like the Toyo T1R's.
immense grip in the dry when nicely warmed up. Sure they suffer in the wet, but if u drive fast enough to cause problems in the wet you need ure head testing anyway LOL

Not ran the T1R's but the S was crap enough in the damp to cause issues even a low speeds
 
I've used toyo T1R's and T1S's , never again . Absolutely shite in the wet . A tyre needs to be able to perform in the wet as well as dry imo . And that doesn't necessarily mean to say pushing it hard in the wet , but it needs to be able to grip in an emergency situation . Do you really want a tyre that might let you down cos its wet when the unexpected might arise , i doubt it , i know i wouldn't that's why i'd never recommend Toyos to anyone .
 
nail in 2 of my PE2's within short space of time i couldnt get hold of a replacement so opted for pirelli p zero nero's and at only £50 a corner bargain. im happy with them.
 
I've used toyo T1R's and T1S's , never again . Absolutely s**te in the wet . A tyre needs to be able to perform in the wet as well as dry imo . And that doesn't necessarily mean to say pushing it hard in the wet , but it needs to be able to grip in an emergency situation . Do you really want a tyre that might let you down cos its wet when the unexpected might arise , i doubt it , i know i wouldn't that's why i'd never recommend Toyos to anyone .

I found them worst on damp roads, bone dry or standing water and they where ok, the middle ground (typical UK damp road conditions) and they where utter dog shite.
 
IMO they were put on the car for a reason (and designed for the 182 were they not???) so would stick with.

just replaced my fronts, had conti sports, stuck with conti sports :)

jamie
 
yoko a539 yep agree or toyo proxes or if u have money toyo 888 (big money)but they are all 4 the serious driver. n xzibit u behave lol im a real driver i like 2 stick 2 the road not save a few miles lol

I have A359's on my car. Yes, they are reasonble in the dry, but in the wet, they are scary!!! I can still be spinning in 4th sometimes, and that shouldn't be happening!

Hopefully going to Conti's soon.
 
Back
Top