ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What u think

clio williams, Ph1 172

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio16v/paul1.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio16v/paul2.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio16v/paul3.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio16v/paul4.jpg

Heres a few pics of my car. The pics in the Gallery have just been updated.

Sorry quality is not great. Just wondering what people thought of the alloys, tints etc.

Ill try and get some more pics up soon. The car is a sort of brown colour at the moment though its not had a wash for a while and the weathers not helping at all.

Comments welcome.

The wheels are 17 inch Team dynamics. If anyone knows what model wheel they are let me know as ive not seen em before. Wondering if they are german as the bloke who had em before was living in germany.

Clio 1.8 16v

hey they look ace that makes it 4 types of wheels that i like now and that i would put on my car!!!!i am thinking of tinting my windows but only a slight tint as it would look too dark inside of my car

clio williams, Ph1 172

I only got dark smoke on the back windows and light smoke on the front. Its not dark inside at all really.

Ive not got the back window done though, just the back sides.

like it mate! - are they standard renault mud flaps mate? if not where did you get them and are they easy to fit??

cheers,pete

clio williams, Ph1 172

They arent Renault mudflaps. They are Rally mudflaps (a sort of dark blue clear rubber) Ive had to take the front ones off though as I had to take my inner arches out cos the wheels were catching really bad. They just screwed into the plastic on the inner arches and into the bumper with self tappers.

Theyve gone a bit f**ked now though as they are quite soft rubber and have taken a bit of a battering with motorway driving etc.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Oh they were about £25 a set of four. You can get them from MPC (Midland performance centre) They are just four rectangular bits of rubber and you have to cut them to fit.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Since them pics Ive had half the car painted. Looks better now. Ill get some more high res pics. It is pretty tidy for a k plate. Its only done 66K though

clio williams, Ph1 172

Its not totally standard, Had a few bits done. K & N, powerflow exhaust, decat pipe. power boost valve. Think thats about it. Had a new clutch in it and a few other bits that cost a fair bit, otherwise i would have done a lot more. just a bit skint though.

when did you get the clutch done mate, ive got 64k on my phase 2 valver and the clutch feels quite stiff, probably get a new cable soon but how did u know that the clutch needed changing or is it an upgraded one?

pete

clio williams, Ph1 172

Mine went about 63K. Maybe less. I noticed it was going because the car was revving and not moving as much as it should. Also you could smell it burning. It cost me £260 to get it done, with a genuine Renault Clutch which i was told is one of the best anyway. I am not planning on having it running at a really high BHP anyway so its good enough for me.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Oh my cable went a couple of thousand miles ago too. Luckily a bloke from my old work did it for me. It was a genuine clutch cable too. It is loads lighter now too.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mines quite heavy. Get foot ache when im in a traffic jam (everyday).

Think I might be ready for a new one. I let the clutch totally out in second at quite low revs and it felt like i was riding the clutch. No real bite.

Cool car mate! Very nice, not sure about the alloys, but then again I only really like one style...and thats not it. I love the sunstrip! That ClioSport badge on there looks top notch and just rounds it all off perfectly.

You know your decat: How do you keep legal on your MOTs? Cos I thought you needed a CAT after J reg?

Oh and if you dont mind me asking (you dont have to answer) how much did you pay for you car? Private or trade, did it have any damage etc?

Its just I am going to get one soon and was just trying to get a feel for the prices of low millage models.

Paul

clio williams, Ph1 172

I paid just over £3000 private but i had to spend money on it. It wasnt damaged but I wanted it to look mint so i spent a bit on paint. Ive had it since feb.

Dunno what to do about the cat. Ive got it still so ill probably have to put it back on for the test in feb.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Craig, Youll have to have a try in mine or let me try yours. Mine feels loads better now. Dont get me wrong its still quite heavy but a lot lighter than before anyway.

Thanks for the positive comments. The wheels do look good i think but they piss me off cos they catch quite a bit. I could do with some 215,40,17 tyres. Im runnnin 215s at the moment. It grips like f**k but the wheels catch on my front bumper. Cut the wings out a bit though to stop them catching there.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

u mean 205s??

mine dont catch at all with 205/40/17s.

I was thinking mate, well have to meet up soon and have some standing starts on some deserted dual carriageways or something. Always good to have a blast with the same motors and same mods!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah good idea mate.

Let me get mine back together first though. Ive got no grille at the moment and no plastic bits under my headlights. The grille was already painted, just wanna colour code the other bits. Im pretty handy with a rattle can and it looks pretty good.

Has anyone managed to sort out a cheap phase 2 grille as I wanna change mine really?

clio williams, Ph1 172

Thanks for the positive comments. :D

Been feelin a bit downhearted just lately as Id just spent a fortune on paintwork and then a power steering pipe burst and the car was off the road for a few days. Ive had quite a few problems and spent quite a bit since i got the car in feb. Thought about getting rid and gettin something newer again.

Think im gonna keep it for now as its not too bad on insurance for a 21 year old compared with other hot hatches. Might get a williams next year if i can afford one (mint williams 3 prob) Do any have leather interiors?

Cheers people, ill get some more pics done asap, Maybe you could take some Craig? My camera is sh*te :D Pretty please hehe

clio williams, Ph1 172

I dont like to go silly with the mods. Whats the point. I got full leather as standard so the interiors nice. The bodyworks tidy and all a 16V needs is a different set of alloys and they are one of the best lookin hatches on the road. I was thnkin of having the alloys painted gold but I think my minds changing.

Does anyone know any good alloy refurbishes around sheffield? I need a couple of my alloys doing. Also anyone got a spare steely or alloy they could lend me while I get em done? Not got any spare alloys unfortunately.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Im thinkin about havin all four alloys repainted if the price is not too high. Just wondering, what colour?? Same.

I really like anthracite but dunno if it would suit my car.

Anyone good a photoshop who could colour them in somehow?

I need some opinions too.

I think Anthracite with a silver rim would look great but would be expensive i think.