ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What us this hanging in my engine

Titanium Clio 182
What is thing, just noticed it.
b260761e-722b-738e.jpg
b260761e-723e-7f67.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

340i
LOL, that is safe.

not heard it rattling, vibrating.. could be dangerious if that dropped in your aux belt path.. bye bye engine!!

One a side note, roughest 182 engine bay ever?..

Titanium Clio 182
I took the plastic cover of ages ago. Its got 115000 miles on the clock. Had it since new. I'm keeping it till it dies lol, oh and its wedged in, can't get it out.

Titanium Clio 182
No, why would i? I don't touch any of the engine parts.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thread of the year.
You need to get that out...im surprised it hasnt died allready from the state of it

Titanium Clio 182
I've managed to wiggle it out, one of the threads holding it on had snapped and the nut from the other thread isn't there!!!

Dunno how that happened! But its out now though. The engine is a little dirty like but thats just superficial, its regularly serviced so inside is ok.

Looks like there is a leak around the oil filler cap though!

Why don't you take it to a garage get the hole drilled out and retapped then get the fuel rail guard back.... once that is done clean the engine bay up.

Titanium Clio 182
What do people use to clean the engine bay, Its all like that as its had 6 years of motorway driving with all the salt on the roads!! Well thats my excuse anyway, never thought about cleaning it as its all under the bonnet so you can't see it!

phase 1 flamer 172
Cleaning the bay wont make the car faster or more economical so why bother? surely more for posing than driving.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
What do people use to clean the engine bay, Its all like that as its had 6 years of motorway driving with all the salt on the roads!! Well thats my excuse anyway, never thought about cleaning it as its all under the bonnet so you can't see it!

I use this on my engine.

Engine_Machine_Cleaner_z.jpg

RS RIP
i don't give a s**t about looks under the bonnet either.. it's unneccescary to me as it does'nt improve anything but looks (which 99% of the time are unseen !

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
does that fuel rail guard actually serve a purpose apart from guard the fuel rail (why does it need guarding anyway?)

and if you took it off wouldent it still be fine?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
aslong as the internals and workings of the engine are fine who really cares if its dirty or not

Now Sold :-(
does that fuel rail guard actually serve a purpose apart from guard the fuel rail (why does it need guarding anyway?)

and if you took it off wouldent it still be fine?

I guess its so that in the event of a front end collision the fuel rail doesn't get destroyed causing fuel to be sprayed all over the hot engine. Think I'll keep mine.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I guess its so that in the event of a front end collision the fuel rail doesn't get destroyed causing fuel to be sprayed all over the hot engine. Think I'll keep mine.

thats a good shout! would have to be quite a shunt to reach my fuel lines in my megane tho!

my mate recons its to aid with heat transfer and take it away from the engine...

172 ph1

same goes when you put it like that lol i would just re-tap the holes mate and fix it back on!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you find that car at the bottom of the canal?? Everythings rusty! :S

Titanium Clio 182
same goes when you put it like that lol i would just re-tap the holes mate and fix it back on!

Did you find that car at the bottom of the canal?? Everythings rusty! :S

or been swimming

I use it every weekend I can get home! From Portsmouth to Middlesbrough, its a long journey and when its wet and when the roads have salt all on them, the car gets dirty and rusts. A lot of people on here probably only go to the shops or to "cruise" around the streets in their car. I Use it to commute. I'm going to get it fitted back on, but i'm in no hurry, probably wait until July / August as i'm away for 7 months from Jan.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I use it every weekend I can get home! From Portsmouth to Middlesbrough, its a long journey and when its wet and when the roads have salt all on them, the car gets dirty and rusts. A lot of people on here probably only go to the shops or to "cruise" around the streets in their car. I Use it to commute. I'm going to get it fitted back on, but i'm in no hurry, probably wait until July / August as i'm away for 7 months from Jan.

Actually, probably 80% of people commute in their Clio's.

1.2 16v 02 GOLD :)

i do all 3 and mine is in better nic :)