ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what would a 182 be worth in 4 years

im thinkink about a finance deal with a final balloon of £4200 in 4 years.

So how much will a 182 with both cup packs be worth in 4 years? After having a quick look on the auto trader web site at mk1 172s with average miles, recon im lookin at min £6k. Having said the the new clio could batter them prices or if its rubbish keep them nice and high.

Anyone got some experience in this kind of payment plan? looks like a winner to me!

£500 deposit

48 x £231

Final payment of £4100

Fu

Remapped derv Golf

Look at mk1 172s now for a guide.

Although the new mk3 will hit prices hard - especially if theres an RS version.

Id say between £5k and £6k

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Fu Man Chu on 24 January 2005

£500 deposit

48 x £231

Final payment of £4100
Wouldnt pay £15688 for a 182 myself but a friend of mine has bought a Mini One over 5 years HP and in the end will pay back £17k we worked out. Hes got a rubbish rate of 14.5% with BMW finance or something.

LY 200

Id rather splash my money on a mk1 172 tbh mate, by the time you come to pay the final 4k it wont be worth much more!!!

182s are gorgeous cars but in the long run youl lose an absolute fortune!!!

im thinkink about a finance deal with a final balloon of £4200 in 4 years.

So how much will a 182 with both cup packs be worth in 4 years? After having a quick look on the auto trader web site at mk1 172s with average miles, recon im lookin at min £6k. Having said the the new clio could batter them prices or if its rubbish keep them nice and high.

Anyone got some experience in this kind of payment plan? looks like a winner to me!

£500 deposit

48 x £231

Final payment of £4100

Fu

if i were you i would buy a second hand one for 10k with low miles, then i would get a personal loan for the 10k

a few aa examples

36 months =

Your illustrative monthly repayment
£305.73
with no Creditcare
Total amount payable: £11,006.28 at 5.8% APR

48 months =

Your illustrative monthly repayment
£235.69
with no Creditcare
Total amount payable: £11,313.12 at 5.8% APR

as you can see from the last on its just £4 more a month but you dont need to put down a large deposit, or pay a final payment at the end, this of course saves you a fortune, and you also own the car from the beggining.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Ive been looking at the same thing myself mate, trying to work out whether I can afford Renault finance, but there is just no point unless you want nothing but a brand new car. As said above, take out a personal loan (which are pretty easy nowadays for a small sum of £10k) and pay a decent APR of 5.9% instead of the stupid amounts Renault charge, so you only end up paying back marginally more than you borrowed, instead of approx half the value of your loan again!

My current choice is to either get a £5k loan and then sell my car and get a Mk1 172 (my first love!), or get an £8k loan and look towards a 182 with a couple of thousand on the clock but still with a years or twos warranty to sort out any niggles that havent already been seen to.

If you are going on a selections deal through RFS then the finance balloon at the end is always a conservative estimate, therefore equity in the car should be created of around 700 - 1000 pounds. If the bottom falls out of the clio market then you can just simply hand the car in at the end and not have to pay the final balloon. This kind of deal is a winner, cos the options are up to you at the end.

Hope this helps you.

As for what it WILL be worth, how long is a piece of string??!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Its about 60% of the full price, so as posted about 6k. By then the market will be full of Mk1 and 2 172s, cups and 182s. Buying new is always going to be a pocket raper, but then you do get a new car, warranty and the knowledge that some little scrote hasnt humped your car around at the red line for 3 years.

Do it! You know you want too....

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ive got my car on a bank loan.

Its running for another 3.5yrs, although Im hoping to pay chunks off every now and then.

I intend to run my car until then, when it should still stand me a minimum of £3000 (will have 100k miles by then!).

Although, having the bank loan gives me more flexibility of changing if I want to etc.

I dont understand why people are so hung up on APR when it is not a uniform way of working out how much it will cost you. Anything with a balloon payment is GOING TO HAVE a higher apr because of the balloon payment in the final year. If you want a fair comparison, ignore percentage rates and look at the total amount payable in all cases. Some with a higher apr end up paying less than a lower apr simply because headline rates are there to confuse you. Do a lot of research before you end up making a decison, because you dont want to get involved in an apr battle when it means practically nothing.

Also, headline aprs like 5.9 typical are only a HEADLINE rate. To get this rate you have to be a doctor or something and you will more likely get a rate of 11.9% when you finally get your rate through., Be careful out there cos people will try and rip you off. As a sales executive I am more than happy to continue with people doing bank loans as long as the total amount payable is less...............

This is advice based on my experience and shouldnt be taken as gospel, and I may be wrong......................Maybe?

[Edited by lifelong 172 on 25 January 2005 at 11:00am]

dCi 100

At the weekend I went to see about a dci at my local dealer and they wanted me to pay 2k deposit then 37 x £189 plus a balloon payment at the end of £3391. I then looked at the exact same car with 12k miles on the clock and only 10 months old. Bought it sunday for £7650, I pretty much saved myself almost five grand. I know the 182s are new and probably a novelty but I would suggest seriously considering buying used and getting an unsecured loan rather than PCP.

Shhh

I sold me old clio for £3600, took £7k off the bank, and bought a ex motorshow model on a 04 plate with 12,000 miles with both cup packs in racing blue with stripes...for..

£10,600..

Buy second hand from a dealer, save you loads...whats 8 months + 12,000 miles...is it worth £4,000..?

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 25 January 2005

4500 - 5000 imo there will be loads about in 4 years
Agreed, on trade in prices.

maybe up to £5,500-£6,000 selling private.

Elle, if you write off your car, does your unsecured loan refund you the difference between the insurance payout and the outstanding finance........

What is the total payable on your car????

The dci 100 can be had for much cheaper new aswell...................

Did a quote last night for one, had the payments down to 125 p/month........

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 25 January 2005

Its about 60% of the full price, so as posted about 6k. By then the market will be full of Mk1 and 2 172s, cups and 182s. Buying new is always going to be a pocket raper, but then you do get a new car, warranty and the knowledge that some little scrote hasnt humped your car around at the red line for 3 years.

Do it! You know you want too....
60% of the full price? They say after 3 years the 182 will retain 40% of its value i.e. 40% of £15,500 which is £6200 after 3 years.

60% of £10k is £6k, you got a bargain!

The final payment will only be slightly less than what the car is probably going to be worth tbh, thats why they do the options thing of giving the car back etc.

dCi 100

Quote: Originally posted by lifelong 172 on 25 January 2005

Elle, if you write off your car, does your unsecured loan refund you the difference between the insurance payout and the outstanding finance........

What is the total payable on your car????

The dci 100 can be had for much cheaper new aswell...................

Did a quote last night for one, had the payments down to 125 p/month........
My car will be insured for its value, i.e. the amount I paid for it. I am also considering taking up the total loss cover renault offer. Anybody here got it/recommend it. it costs £350 for 32 months cover.

£500 deposit
48 x £231

Final payment of £4100
£8~9k or so for a 2 yr old 172. Then get a loan for the £8~ 8.5k youll need which will work out at between about £250 to £266 over 3 years or say £340 over 2 years and you own the car worth say £5k. I.e 2 yrs motoring will cost you ~£3.5k or £1.75k/yr

Buy the 182 and youll have to have one year of driving without warently just like the 172 above but it will cost you about £10.7k over 4 yrs or £2.7k/yr.

Simple maths does it for me, a cheap 1 or 2 yr old 172 and keep £84 a month every month for the next 4 yrs in your pocket.