ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would You do

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Looking to get a new 182 in the next few months. However as the new RS will be out next summer should i wait to see what thats like or get a 182? What do you reckon?

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Ok. thats what im thinking to. Cause if its rubbish, sure there still be some 182s about. But got to wait all that extra time. But been waiting for 3 years, so guess a few more months wont hurt. lol.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 12 July 2005

i would wait & see if build gets better
I would wait TBH. Not long to go now.....and just imagine how much you would loose ont he value on your brand new 182 when they announce the new one.

Im sure we will see threads like "ive lost ££££s"

If you cant wait and need a car.... consider a mk2 172 or even a mk1 going for nearly half the price ;)

Racin Blue 182

yeah but you can keep waiting and keep waiting..... One day youll have to take the plunge!

The new RS Clio will be going out at £17k ish when its first released, with little chance of a discount. Youll be paying £5k over the price of a new 182 and £7-8k over the price of a used one.

Id go with a used 182/172 as a stopgap in the meantime....

Mini Cooper S sport

I bought a 2nd-hand 182 for this reason, cos itll be at the end of its warranty by the time I can afford a new-shape RS Clio.

106 GTi

I went for my 182 as I knew they were great drivers cars, after seeing the downfall of Peugeot with the latest offerings, I didnt want to miss out on the chance of a good RS model incase the new one could be a lemon!

new cars normally have glitches

i dont think the extra 10 bhp on the 182 over the 172 equates to a faster car and I doubt the extra 17 or so on the RS will make that much difference either...its probably heavier anyway

get a 182 and then if you still want, get a rs in a couple of years when the discounts will be available