ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you pay for 182.....

Following on from certain other threads in the "for sale" section, whats the general concensous as to what these cars are really changing hands for?

Autotraders, crammed with them at the moment, to make things worse they dont seem to be shifting atall.

If anyones sold theirs recently, what sort of money did you get?

Did you sell it trade or private? What was the specification? Colour, cup packs, age?

What was the main reason for getting rid? Why did you sell, was it as the new models out soon, and you figured prices would drop even more? Did you have major problems with it? Or simplty a change of heart?

We all know what a fantastic drivers bit of kit they are, but what are they really worth?

VaVa

I certainly wouldnt pay £12,500 for a second hand one. id paints or not.

You can get new Trophy for £13k¬!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i know this isnt what you really want from this thread, but for what its worth. I am keeping my MK2 52 172 for a long, long time to come, I have owned it since new and love it to bits, its a quick car, (not stonkingly quick, but enough), it has all the things I like to see in a car, and from what I hear, a lot of people who have purchased much greater machinery have often gone back to a 172 / 182 for the fun factor. My car still manages to put a grin on my face after 2 years and 36k miles, money well spent IMHO. :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 08 September 2005

I certainly wouldnt pay £12,500 for a second hand one. id paints or not.

You can get new Trophy for £13k¬!!
totally agree, that would be my line of thought too!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

im in this situation 2.........can afford a mrk 2 172, but cam just about afford a new 182 , some reason it makes sense to go for a 182 lol

assuming they were all in good condition..

04 - 8500ish - 8700

54 - 9000ish - 9200

05 - around 9500

thats what i would pay in the current market privately... although, thats probably more to do with my current financial situation lol :oops:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

**Checks to see hes not dreaming...

J...a Phase 2 Clio???

Have you banged your head? ;)
Good darts fella...nice piece of kit, Ive seen Lees in flesh, and looks nice. Still dont think it should be in red...more like 449 Blue! ;)

This need settling, as there are some downright outrageous posts in the for sale part of the forum a the moment. Appears to be some complete muppets about.

Cars arent selling as they are simply priced wrong.

As with regards price on this particular car, Im sorry to break it to your fellas, but Im probably more qualified to pass judgement on what the cars potentially worth, than 99.5% of you. Having worked in the trade for 3 years.

Private buyer generally know what the true market value of a car is, hence dont use stealers to get ripped off.

People that go off what the car books/worth in Parkers, and the back pages of topgear, whatcar, and the like are seriously deluded. The only "real trade bible" is Glasses, and possibly CAP on certain models.

So some of you are saying the cars worth £3000 over book as its got a fancy paint job, in yellow? Get real. Some people will love the colour and may pay that little bit extra, but equally Im sure just as many wont.

BTW, before anyone comments that its got both cup pack so again its worth more: the trade value in glasses takes both those into account, along with metallic. So whats its going to be worth without?

Anyone thinking an imported 182 without an alarm is worth anywhere near what a UK supplied main dealer car is worth is also a silly billy.

Having said that, Im sure that if I was lucky enough to own a 182, Id want it to be worth as much as possible too. Sadly, when Renault saturated the market, with F&F deals, prices droped like a brick. And with the advent of the new shape that doesnt help things either.

Apologies for messing up your for sale thread seller, but certain ppl need to be educated, due to a complete lack of common sense. :)

P.S. the car looks very nice, quite different, but very nice.

BTW, if any1 want a link as to what an UK main dealer supplied 182, on an "05" with both cups is worth, at 5000 miles, PM me.

Hopefully these comments, wont be taken he wrong way. Merely constructive critism, that I backed up with "FACT".

182cup

I am thinking of selling my 182 cup 7 months old, racing blue, 4500 miles with a cup private plate, if I do sell £10250 is what I would ask if it didnt sale at that price I would keep it as I like the car just not as much as an sti ppp:devilish:

MKIII 138

there all gonna drop like rocks when the new one comes out.

i dont think there is much difference between prices for 182s or 172s in fact id wager i very low milege 172 would get the same price if not more than a high miledge 182 when the new model comes out

i sold my 172 53 reg for £6200 never went wrong great condition 39k miles + orginal alloys to go with the aftermarke ones that i had put on + suspension stuff. i think i was paid a Just price, i know the guides say i should be getting over £7k but iam a realist and fair hence the reason it sold in under 1 week. i lost £6000 in depreciation in 21months from new.

conversley ive bought/on my way to buying a 52 172cup. for £7200 with 11k miles on. i belive the 172cup will hold its value better (not that im bothered) ive only ever seen one where i live once and one on the way to work a few times. the fact that if people ask you what car it is you dont have to reply "1,7,2" you reply "Clio Cup" and its looks + colour and badging (and its level with the 182cup in performance terms) also 182s are becoming common and the twin exits are a bit odd.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 08 September 2005

there all gonna drop like rocks when the new one comes out.

i dont think there is much difference between prices for 182s or 172s in fact id wager i very low milege 172 would get the same price if not more than a high miledge 182 when the new model comes out

i sold my 172 53 reg for £6200 never went wrong great condition 39k miles + orginal alloys to go with the aftermarke ones that i had put on + suspension stuff. i think i was paid a Just price, i know the guides say i should be getting over £7k but iam a realist and fair hence the reason it sold in under 1 week. i lost £6000 in depreciation in 21months from new.

conversley ive bought/on my way to buying a 52 172cup. for £7200 with 11k miles on. i belive the 172cup will hold its value better (not that im bothered) ive only ever seen one where i live once and one on the way to work a few times. the fact that if people ask you what car it is you dont have to reply "1,7,2" you reply "Clio Cup" and its looks + colour and badging (and its level with the 182cup)

So you sold a car for over a grand less than book price, and are buying a cheaper, older version of the same car for £7200?? Are you mad??!!

And looking in Autotrader, Cup prices dont seem to be holding their prices any more than 172s. Although that may change 5 years down the line.

Quote: Originally posted by CarboliSmokeBal on 08 September 2005

Good for you Mark.

Any idea what the dealer would offer? Hence why people generally sell privately.

dealer offered us £7200 for our UK Car 04 182 both cup packs 20k miles

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 08 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CarboliSmokeBal on 08 September 2005Good for you Mark.

Any idea what the dealer would offer? Hence why people generally sell privately.[/QUOTE] dealer offered us £7200 for our UK Car 04 182 both cup packs 20k miles

Ouch. Bet that hurt.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Question for CarboliSmokeBal

What should i be able to buy for budbet of between 7-8k

Mainly been offered high mile 02 i72s

BMW 120i Sport

It depends on what people are prepared to pay and where you live. When I put my postcode into Autotrader and search for 182s in a 40 mile radius, only those at Motorpoint appear in the search (theyre £11699 minus all cup bits, registration and tax). Therefore, a higher price second hand might be had than if you lived in an area flooded with them.

I think the problem lies with friends/family discounts and the import markets slashing the prices of them. I walked into a Renault dealership (cutting a long story short) showed them a brand new 182 price at £12500, asked them if they would match it - they wouldnt go anywhere near the price; so it appears that the brand new car market is also suffering because the consumer is better educated on what price they can get elsewhere.

The internet has a part detrimental reason too (for the seller) but so much better for the buyers. With autotrader, you can get a cheapest price, anywhere, anytime and use that as a basis for negotiation. You can get a quote for a brand new 182 (like i did) and walk into your local dealership with a printout saying "heres what they really cost, will you match it?". You can use Glass online price guide to knock a dealership down to silly prices.

Question is: were 182s overpriced to begin with?

If a fully loaded RRP 182 cost ~£15.5k and 1 year down the line with less than average miles on it, its worth ~£9k (from what Cliosporters think); thats a ~£6k loss in a year. I always knew the 182 would lose cash quickly, but I never thought anything more than £2k in the first 8-10 months - i feel damn lucky i never paid full UK dealer price for it.

The UK is awash with cars, thousands and thousands - in an average household, youll have the mums car, dads car, daughters car, sons first car, weekend sports car etc. There are way too many cars on the roads.

Its clearly a buyers market, unless you have a limited car (Focus RS hold their values well being a limited production run).

Quote: Originally posted by donnyo on 08 September 2005

**Checks to see hes not dreaming...

J...a Phase 2 Clio???

Have you banged your head? ;)
Good darts fella...nice piece of kit, Ive seen Lees in flesh, and looks nice. Still dont think it should be in red...more like 449 Blue! ;)
yeah, wanna get in touch with my femanine side http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif hehe.

nah, I really like the Trophy, had a look at one at the Scroteport Reno and the seats, the poise and the wheels make the car stand out, although agree the colour is a bit erm... pants, looks OKAY in the flesh, pictures dont do it any justice to be fair. I would never spend top money on one tho, Id only do that if I was buying something like a new 330 or M3, on cars like this theres no point, id rather let them depreciate, then you really are getting a bargain! Think id still take a Cup over a trophy, then put the trophy front seats in and lose the rears entirely... is it me or do the Trophy rear seats not even match!?