ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what you can do to a 1.2 clio?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If you really want to mod it, concentrate on aesthetics and handling IMO. Trying to a small N/A engine is a lost cause unless you want to spend thousands.

As said, panel filter. Keep the standard airbox.

Coilovers, good tyres, ARB maybe, polybush, done.

Vectra
If you really want to mod it, concentrate on aesthetics and handling IMO. Trying to a small N/A engine is a lost cause unless you want to spend thousands.

As said, panel filter. Keep the standard airbox.

Coilovers, good tyres, ARB maybe, polybush, done.

yeah thanks for the advice too :) and no ad never spend thousands on it , its only a 1.2 its pointless!

yeah once my coilovers are fitted am looking into polybushes and good tyres for the Pro Race 1.2s , whats the ARB?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
HeadK7, I'm not sure if you're trolling, you're mentally retarded or just thick.

Either way, you're a tosser.

RS Clio 182 +MR2
Thanks for advice! in a way speed doesn't really bother me...with me getting it slammed on coilovers it seems pointless tuning the engine if you cant go 2minutes without hitting another row of speed bumps but its on the motorways where speed effects me the most but being honest am hardly ever on them , but yeah thanks for the advice :)

Ok, I've lost track a bit - your now not going waste money on the other stuff you talked about (filters/induction etc)? That's good.

Spend it on decent tyres, there is no better upgrade and from a performance perspective it will be way more effective than throwing money away on engine mods.

Some of your thinking seems a bit muddled, to be fair. I'm not sure wether your mainly trying to make it look better or be quicker but if you do all of this stuff and then stick cheap rubber on it you will still get blown out by that Corsa, no doubt about it. Although a couple of people have got a bit frustrated with you (I can kinda see why) they are giving you good advice. There isn't much point in asking for advice and completely ignoring it because it's not what you want to hear!

So in summary and as pretty much everyone has said

- Engine mapping (on a 1.2?!) induction etc = total waste of £

- Budget tyres - bad idea. If you only do 1 thing, get decent tyres!

- 'Slamming' it - well, each to their own I suppose

- Servicing etc good!

Cheers,

Mark

It's totally up to you what you do, obviously. It's your car.

Vectra
Ok, I've lost track a bit - your now not going waste money on the other stuff you talked about (filters/induction etc)? That's good.

Spend it on decent tyres, there is no better upgrade and from a performance perspective it will be way more effective than throwing money away on engine mods.

Some of your thinking seems a bit muddled, to be fair. I'm not sure wether your mainly trying to make it look better or be quicker but if you do all of this stuff and then stick cheap rubber on it you will still get blown out by that Corsa, no doubt about it. Although a couple of people have got a bit frustrated with you (I can kinda see why) they are giving you good advice. There isn't much point in asking for advice and completely ignoring it because it's not what you want to hear!

So in summary and as pretty much everyone has said

- Engine mapping (on a 1.2?!) induction etc = total waste of £

- Budget tyres - bad idea. If you only do 1 thing, get decent tyres!

- 'Slamming' it - well, each to their own I suppose

- Servicing etc good!

Cheers,

Mark

It's totally up to you what you do, obviously. It's your car.

Hi Mark, all the comments Ive been getting have all been good advice , well i want the looks with that extra bit performance without spending loads..anyways soon am starting my progress thread so you'll all get a better idea etc etc

And just to add sorry to those who maybe getting annoyed or whatever , am new to all this its me first car so a get different ideas on what to do all the time...but keep a watch out for my progress thread which will be happening soon :)

Thanks

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It's your first car. Get some bloody experience at driving before you start dicking about. That's what your first car is about.

You could put the money you're going to waste on your nearly 10 year old poverty spec Clio (money that I wouldn't chuck at my ultra-low mileage 172) into a high interest savings account. You'll make money, after a year or so go and buy a faster car.

Also you got burnt off by a Corsa because you can't drive, also that kind of behaviour on the road is unacceptable. Keep your noise clean ffs! Get some NCB built up and keep that license clean. Otherwise all your mates will be running around in hot hatches and you'll be stuck with your shitty 1.2, wishing you'd listened to the advice on here. I'm 23 and although I've had a few crashes (not all my fault) I've never been pulled by the police for anything and as such the insurance on my 172 is £750 a year with £150 excess.

Trust me, I've been through this myself.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
^ He Speaketh the truth tbf.

Don't worry if someone in a 1.2 Corsa burnt you off the lights. Traffic light GP's are for chavs, he probably beat you, felt good about himself for a minute or two, then went home to his council house, got smacked about by his dad, shouted at by his Ginger girlfriend, and remembered how s**t his life was.

Vectra
It's your first car. Get some bloody experience at driving before you start dicking about. That's what your first car is about.

You could put the money you're going to waste on your nearly 10 year old poverty spec Clio (money that I wouldn't chuck at my ultra-low mileage 172) into a high interest savings account. You'll make money, after a year or so go and buy a faster car.

Also you got burnt off by a Corsa because you can't drive, also that kind of behaviour on the road is unacceptable. Keep your noise clean ffs! Get some NCB built up and keep that license clean. Otherwise all your mates will be running around in hot hatches and you'll be stuck with your s**tty 1.2, wishing you'd listened to the advice on here. I'm 23 and although I've had a few crashes (not all my fault) I've never been pulled by the police for anything and as such the insurance on my 172 is £750 a year with £150 excess.

Trust me, I've been through this myself.

Yeah. Well Ive been driving now for coming on 2years and I have 1year NCB, Yeah well the corsa was a one off a dont see the point in racing at all! and yeah thats my main priority is keeping my nose clean and building up them NCB's .

Yeah well a am putting a bit money away every so often to go towards the next car...but most of it goes on the clio basically my main object is to get around 3-4years NCB before I go for something faster like a sport/civic etc etc now thats only another 2years so hopefully fingers crossed I will manage to get 3-4years NCB then insurance will be dirt cheap for me to switch

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Tbh, I think you should swap to a Corsa SXi 1.2, they have 2HP less but 5Nm more torque! Phwoar! And they are a FULL .6 seconds faster to 60mph than a 1.2 16v Clio! What a beast!!!

Naturally you will understeer into a primary school at the first bend, and they are s**t to drive. But hey, you plan to ruin it any way.

Vectra
Tbh, I think you should swap to a Corsa SXi 1.2, they have 2HP less but 5Nm more torque! Phwoar! And they are a FULL .6 seconds faster to 60mph than a 1.2 16v Clio! What a beast!!!

Naturally you will understeer into a primary school at the first bend, and they are s**t to drive. But hey, you plan to ruin it any way.

here you go again...first it was barrel rolling now understeer-ing!

a cba to listen to your sh*t man, whats wrong with me wanting so do a little few things to the clio and try to build up as many NCB's as a can before a move to something quicker like a civic or a sport etc etc

only things am gonna do is lower it with a decent set of alloys and no before you go on your sh*t story about them being sh**ty ones no there not there the Pro Race 1.2s , olliewebbuk you have give me some good advice but you can also post some stupid sh*t!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
^ He Speaketh the truth tbf.

Don't worry if someone in a 1.2 Corsa burnt you off the lights. Traffic light GP's are for chavs, he probably beat you, felt good about himself for a minute or two, then went home to his council house, got smacked about by his dad, shouted at by his Ginger girlfriend, and remembered how s**t his life was.

I just spat my tea out :D

clio 182
a loved ma 04reg 1.2 a had even tho a had it 6weeks as a rolled mine 4x and a must say the handeling was pis* but am bk with a clio 182 and love that a have had corsa's polo steilo civic sport and fiesta st and a swift and nothing came close to the clio so am bk with a 182 but do what u want with ur car dont listen to any 1 do what u want and post some pics up and then ppl will gee u tips on how to improve the looks but speed isnt realy what u want to improve on a 1.2 as there not a lot without dropin a 172 in it and keep it quiet from insurance company

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
a loved ma 04reg 1.2 a had even tho a had it 6weeks as a rolled mine 4x and a must say the handeling was pis* but am bk with a clio 182 and love that a have had corsa's polo steilo civic sport and fiesta st and a swift and nothing came close to the clio so am bk with a 182 but do what u want with ur car dont listen to any 1 do what u want and post some pics up and then ppl will gee u tips on how to improve the looks but speed isnt realy what u want to improve on a 1.2 as there not a lot without dropin a 172 in it and keep it quiet from insurance company

Dude, get some punctuation in there. I feel dizzy after reading that!

None
This may sound stupid but when I had my 1.2 I found that not having a full tank made a bit of a difference (i.e. filling up to half-way max); also Redex / higher octane full made it feel *ever so slightly* faster - may have been psychological but even so, if it feels faster to you that's all that matters really. 90% of the time the speed didn't bother me, it was mainly the annoying sound of that engine as it struggled to cope with motorway speeds that was the deal-breaker for me.

Plus those overtakes where it was almost embarrassing how long it took to pass the other car...!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

What a shining example of the Scottish education system you are. No wonder university is free up there...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ignore these clowns mate. When I had my Saxo VTR as my first car, I bought a superchip off eBay for an extra 15bhp, was only £50 too!

When that was fitted I got a bolt on Turbo from a scrapyard, got it on the rolling road and together with the superchip I was almost touching 160bhp (from a 100bhp engine).

Good thing was both can be took off easily, so I don't even need to declare them on my insurance!

Hope this helps mate.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
rather be scottish and thick as f**k than a brainy englishman

LOL.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

or

"FREEEEEDDOOMMMM!'

This post is not to be taken seriously, if you do, you're a grade A mong.

clio mk2 1.2 16v
can someone explain why people put a * instead of a 8 or 7 between the 1 and 2 when talking about a clio 182? probably a silly question...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
can someone explain why people put a * instead of a 8 or 7 between the 1 and 2 when talking about a clio 182? probably a silly question...
If it doesn't matter which one your referring to because they are largely the same.
172/182 = 1*2

Listerine & Poledo
So, back on point:-

What you can do to a 1.2 clio?

Fill it up with fuel, drive it to a garage and sell it.
Or cover it in fuel and flick a match at it.

Both of these result in a better outcome than trying to make it into something it's not.