ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What you paying for your insurance?

I renewed my insurance on monday. :(

I'm 24 with 3 years ncb and clean licence
I've been quoted £408 fully comp c/w guaranteed hire car windscreen cover etc with direct line :)

Got it down to that cos my mother has car and home insurance with them it takes it down. ;) as it was £450 something to start with.

But i guess whats good for me might not be for anyone else :(
As a few of my mates told me elephant,tesco etc was good for them, but i tied tehm and they were dearer. :(

Golf GTI PP Mk7
OMFG - that is ridiculous! do you have a mortgage too!

thankfully no, still at home with the parents so ive got the money to burn really, lol.

tis my own fault, i crashed into the back of sum1 last nov and wrote her car pff, lol.

wet road + no abs = slidy slidy.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
26, 7 years protected ncb on a ph1 172 and 2 non fault claims (one which wrote off my previous car).

£313 and a few pence fully comp.

Who's that with Chris ??

Privilege :) They have been shitter than Adrian Flux (who everyone seems to hate but I'd had no problems for 7 years...) for sorting the paperwork though. But were cheaper, and 0% interest on monthly payments at the time :)

BMW M135i
2NCB
03 1.6
£980 with Adrain Flux

Mods have killed me with the insurance front this year, payed the same last year when I was younger and had less NCB. Could've had £600 with morethan on a standard car :mad:.

The cheapest quote i found was with Sheila's Wheels.!! thats with hubby on it to.,- who has convictions.
Age 32, female with 5 plus NCB - £390 - fully comp and protected. Insurance includes break down cover too.......
I also live Brum area.. with a 2003 172.

FF cupped Arctic 182
7 years no claims/ derbyshire / Female/27 (just)/ married (yes being married makes the premium lower)
£430 ish (paid monthly) Inc 1 named driver, no claims protection, legal cover.

With Norwich Union

My old insurer (Bradford & bingley) refused to insure me when i bought the 182... many other companies who i rang for quotes said the same that they couldn't quote for me on that car. :mad:

ST
£840, 22, 1 years NCB, 182, garaged, Glasgow post code, one accident in my old dynamique in 2005, 10,000 miles a year.

M

mij29

31, full no claims £296. Priverlidge.

Fully compwith the mrs on. It was £40 cheaper to have her on!?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Where do you live then dan, buckingham palace?
Thats cheap, i got full no claims, and dont live in a bad area.....

Who is that with, i might give them a ring.....plus i bet you have got 6 big dogs looking after it of a night time then?

most of brum is pants for insurance, high risk etc etc, they say harborne is inner city !! idiots

Shed.
Oh i pay someting liek

£777
Fully Comp
Im 18
0NCB (unless you count the stupid named driver s**t)
1 yrs exp
0 points and nothing.

thats as dad as the main driver. 1.2 expression 51

Shed.
actually my dad was the main driver of the car at the time but half a year later my dad bought a new car and so he rarely uses it now.

i cant get cheap car insurance. /crys

"Navy" N17 TWO
24 years old
4 years NCB
1.5 dci 80
Fully comp
£510

Last quote I got for a 172 was £670 fully comp :D
Just need to get my hands on one soon...