ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats everyones 182’s insurance costing

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Im paying £36 a month through Morethan with unlimited claims for as long as im with them.

They were one of the cheapest i could find anyway but they also "Mirrored" my main no claims discount onto another car i have which only had 2 years on it.

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 13 September 2004

Im paying £36 a month through Morethan with unlimited claims for as long as im with them.

They were one of the cheapest i could find anyway but they also "Mirrored" my main no claims discount onto another car i have which only had 2 years on it.
thats cheap mate even cheaper than i can get it with my staff discount esp for unlimited claims!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

TBH i was suprised by them,Id seen the ads advertising the unlimited no claims etc and left them until last expecting them to be expensive,giving me my main policy discount on another car saved me a small fortune as well !

dk

911 GTS Cab

im paying £690 with 3yrs ncb at age 27. Did not declare cup options as they are factory fit and therefore do not need to be declared

490, 32, protected, 5 + yrs

I declared them to direct line, who having told me it didnt affect the premium then told me it did.

Disgusted by their inconsistent advice. I wrote and complained and received a letter stating manuf options would not load a premium. Doesnt help me though as I cancelled & went to esure.

Had the same problem with them! Thankfully their customer services were on the ball and sorted it out.

What a pain!

£433,

31 yr old protected NCD, 5 yrs plus no claims, legal cover + named driver (well thats actually me) my missus is the policy holder! + social, business and pleasure use for both drivers.

From Direct Line

182 with the 2 cup packs (dont pay any more for these as they are factory fit options) but I still think you should declare them. Anyway, having spoken to 4 direct line staff (the last person a guy who seemed to know one end of a car from another, he agreed the cup packs were not modifications). The first 3 girls at DL wanted up to £90 more to which we said "you got to be joking". Perseverance is the only thing you can do with the likes of this outfit.

I dont really think £433 for me can be bettered, even after going on the website that checks 100s of insurance companies - Ta:)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

£997.86

22years old 5years NCB no points nothing.

CUP PACKS DO NOT NEED TO BE DECLARED!

Lee

BMW M2C

I dunno, £800 and something. 27 full NCB, 3 points (3 more to add next time) no accidents. Car is garaged, insured for 16k miles per year but I think Ill have to up that.

not what the girl at DL said.

If not declared (i assume she thought the cup packs were mods) then the policy is null and void. The guy at DL declared the options so they will apear on the policy, but did not charge for the privelege. Is this right having them on the policy if they are in fact options and not mods??? Could it cause problems later on down the line.

no idea, i am out of the uk for 6 months of the year so i have never come close to it. Will have a check through the docs and let you know.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 16 September 2004

what happens with admiral if you go over your mileage quota in a year?
Bets idea is to ring thm.

Most companies just charge a small extra premium.

If you go over most companies drop a cartain % of the price of the car if its wrote off.

Remapped derv Golf

Try with a london post code!!!! Impossible to get good value insurance. :mad:

25, Cup, 7 years Ncb, full comp, one knock in Jan 04, SP30 in Jun 00, mum on policy, £225 excess, garaged, 6000 miles per year.

£682 with Axa

Be £550 without the knock in Jan :cry:

Why not just go the whole hog guys and pay £2500 for a V6...............Im 20 by the way;)...................just a thought.

Cheers Stu