ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats everyones opinion on toyo t1-r's

rs clio 182
ive just ordered a set of t1-r's for my 182 just wondering what everyone's opinion of them are are they actually any good ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not as good as p zeros i had on before them.

Pzeros are expensive, T1R's are not.

T1R's are a reasonable tyre for what they cost. They're not great in the wet, have a pretty weak sidewall but on the plus side, they are dirt cheap. Less than £30 a corner for 15's!

Agree with Daniel. They're a good tyre for the cost but obviously not the best. I tried a set of t1rs on track on my r26r and they weren't that bad on a wet track.. Had them on other cars to.

180.5 bhp 172
In the dry, I love the T1R, really really grippy and felt really confident chucking the car around, but in the wet they are cr@p - really didn't like them.

275 Trophy
In the dry, I love the T1R, really really grippy and felt really confident chucking the car around, but in the wet they are cr@p - really didn't like them.

+1 in the dry they're as good as anything else I tried - PE2's, Prada spec 2's, conti sport 2's

It's in the wet where the difference is IMHO, PE2's being miles better

Clio 172
My personal experience, ok and good for the money in a light car, In a heavy car (not really relevant) but shockingly bad! Just my opinion.

rs clio 182
Thanks guys I'm sure they can't be as bad as the cheapo tyres I've got on at the min i understear in the dry if i go to quick lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not bad for what they cost. Just don't go comparing them to high performance tyres such as Pirelli, Michelin, Conti etc.

RB 182 cup
surprising reviews actually, general forum banter usually discards them as rubbish.
I had a set and thought they were actually very good considering the price.

They gripped well and on a track day i did didnt over heat as quickly as some tires i had.
They wore fairly quickly however and didnt grip that well in the wet.

I have Pzeros now and they grip a lot better, but are more than twice the cost.

clio 182 sport
I think there great, I have Dunlop sport maxxx on my other wheels and I think the toyo t1-rs are just as good.

I don't do track days so can't say nothing about on track but I do find it funny how this forum thinks everyone uses there Clio as a trackday car lol.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I think there great, I have Dunlop sport maxxx on my other wheels and I think the toyo t1-rs are just as good.

I don't do track days so can't say nothing about on track but I do find it funny how this forum thinks everyone uses there Clio as a trackday car lol.

I use mine in the wet a lot being in Britain :p. My new Pilot Sport 3's have damn good grip in the wet, something the T1-R's don't. So you're right, its not all about the track.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
They were okay. I wouldnt buy them again though. My front two pretty much fell apart after some spirited driving in warm conditions around Kielder.

iceberg phase 2 172
the tread patterns look nice and thats about the only good thing about them lol . too soft for my liking , dont last long at all either , similar price but i found uniroyal rainsports 2 alot better , and lasted ALOT longer aswell .

HenryG

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Didn't even get 5000 out of them before they got the chop they were silly loud as well, I didn't think much to the hankooks v12 either I have falcons on at the mo and they are the best so far but haven't had a go in the wet yet